Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am wondering if anyone else's pain gets worse when they do a lot of lifting, or over do on physical activity. I started taking Librax last Friday, and it's been a miracle drug for me. After a year and a half of pain, and worse, widespread tenderness in my upper abdomen that pretty much kept me in bed, it went away with the first pill. I feel like I have my life back. But today, I took a load of furniture into the store where I sell, and after unloading and hauling it in, I started having pain and tenderness again just a couple hours after taking the Librax. I have been on pain meds for over a year and a half, because my doctors assumed it was chronic pancreatitis.......I had surgery for it 25 years ago, but I never really felt that was it this time, and now the Librax has proven to me, it is IBS. I've read this forum for years because I have had the symptoms of IBS-C, extremely painful gas from eating fiber and chronic constipation. I just put mine all up to my past history and thought I had to live with it. So the last part of my pain puzzle is the tenderness and pain lifting stuff and need to find out if that is normal for IBS, or if I need to be looking in another direction for that. I have had an EUS, endoscopy, scans, and the only thing they have found is scar tissue around the head of my pancreas, and that is why they believe it's my pancreas, which if it was, the Librax would not have done a darn thing. I'm kind of on my own investigating my problem since my internists won't even consider anything else, but my primary care doctor has an open mind, and he was the one who gave me the Librax to try.......thank goodness for him! He's going to be getting a HUGE gift basket for listening to me and not closing his mind off to other possibilities. Thank you for reading all this!

·
Registered
34,955 Posts
My IBS pain when it was bad would get worse whenever I did anything that I needed to tighten the abdominal wall to do (like lift something off the floor, even a light item) or anything that bounced the abdomen.One reason some IBSers have distension is because it hurts to push on the colon when the abdominal muscles tighten up so they relax outwards.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you!! That helps a lot, that has been nagging at me, and I haven't been able to find an answer until now. I wonder if that is why when I pick up small not so heavy things that I hold kind of in and close will hurt, where something larger, more spread out and heavier sometimes won't.I have been wondering if something like swimming might strengthen the area and make things a bit better? Any thoughts on that?Thank you again, I am so happy to finally have an answer to this!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts