Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have suffered with ibs for about 10 years now and had to cope with chronic cramps. I have mostly found what foods start my cramps off i steer clear but i am suffereing bad cramps at the moment and i have not ate any of the things that start my cramps off. I always have cramps above the waste and below the belly button and aching around my lower back area but for some reason i am getting backache up my back to my shoulder blades which i have never had. As anyone had this before. I had a barium enema and bloods done about 5 years ago and i was told i have ibs as nothing was found and i have been using Colpermin to relieve my cramping.

·
Registered
34,955 Posts
Some people find weather is a trigger. Some people find certain seasons more physically stressful if they don't tolerate the cold or the heat as well as others.There are a lot of non-food triggers.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Does anyone on here have a dull ache on the lower left and right and around the lower back. I have now had this flairup naw for 4 weeks with just one day letup from the ache.

·
Registered
262 Posts
This shoulder blade thing was so scary that it started me on my research. Colorectal distension projects to the locus coeruleus (LC) where it projects to the anterior cingulate cortex (ACC) and raises the brain's metabolic rate. (It has to do with Area 25--Brodman's area, that causes a globalization of Cerebral blood flow). The cerebral blood flow raises intra-cranial pressure, that momentarily projects down the vertebral venous system, which has connections to the shoulder blade's venous system. The shoulder blades adduct to cause a muscular pump of the veins. Therefore, left side colon pain can cause shoulder pain.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have had these syptoms for yrs, they can sometimes last for months, sometimes a few days. Massaging the area relieves the pain as do pain killers, but I only use these in severe cases.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts