Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi,I have had pain in my abdomen for about 15 years. I have had several tests done, to no avail. The pain is located behind the lower left rib. A little ways forward of my side. I have had 2 colonoscopies done, an MRI and cat scan. I have to take 30 mg of oxycodone twice a day, just to get it to a tolerable level. Does anyone have any idea what it might be?Thanks,Bob

·
Registered
976 Posts
I have pain every day in my left side. Its around the left hip and goes down the left side of the abdomin. I have had CT Scans and colonscopies and X rays, but nothing shows up. I take 30mg - 60mg Dihydracodeine for the pain, it sometimes feels like something is on fire and being twisted in there.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have pain every day in my left side. Its around the left hip and goes down the left side of the abdomin. I have had CT Scans and colonscopies and X rays, but nothing shows up. I take 30mg - 60mg Dihydracodeine for the pain, it sometimes feels like something is on fire and being twisted in there.
I have had pain in my lower left abdomen going thru to my back (sciatic) area for the last two years. It sometimes progresses up my left side to my ribs & sometimes also goes down to my tailbone. It recently became a burning pain like being stabbed with a hot poker. I had a colonoscopy last week & my doc said I had a "twisted colon." Evidently this sometimes happens from severe constipation &/or diverticulosis. Colon gets stretched out & starts to loop itself up, making even more constipation. My doc un-twisted it in the colonoscopy & the pain is better now. But I don't know what the long term outcome of this is as I don't see her now for 8 weeks! I can't believe I have to wait that long to get more information! Not much on-line about it, but there is some if you search. If you think you have this it'd be worth asking your doc if it could be possible because if it gets too twisted it can block up & part of the colon can die. Not good! I hope that I don't have to have surgery for this. Very scary.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.