Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm male and 43 I'm 5'6" tall 178lbsHere is the problem I have pain that feel like inflammation/soreness than goes from right to left right under the rib cage down to my belly button,and in the solerplex area, in the shape of a cross,if I push on my lower intestines either right of left there is pain. Been going on for about 2 years. No black tarry stools, no vomiting, a little weight loss due to not eating as much....After I eat there is pain and fullness feeling, no diariha or constipation, the Dr suspects IBS does that sound reasonable....I can't tell if the pain originates in the stomach....Tests had done:Ultrasound, Abbdominal/pelvic CT scan, barium enema, Hida scan, numereous blood tests, liver panel tests, hepititis blood tests, abdominal Xrays...everything comes back normal....Any Ideas thanks

·
Registered
34,955 Posts
Tests normal, pain not located specifically in the stomach, gall bladder (stomach is at base of rib cage (it's higher than most people think) and center--Gallbladder is at the ribs on the right) Numerous tests for which all results are normal.Pretty much that is IBS as long as there is some alteration in normal stool pattern (doesn't have to be full blown either way). If all stools are always completely normal then some people would tend to classify it as another Functional Bowel problem called Chronic Functional Abdominal Pain, but at this time the treatments for the pain are pretty much identical so the semantic difference, at this time, doesn't mean much in what to do.PAIN is the MAJOR feature of IBS, it just is associated with changes in bowel habit.K.

·
Registered
34,955 Posts
Tests normal, pain not located specifically in the stomach, gall bladder (stomach is at base of rib cage (it's higher than most people think) and center--Gallbladder is at the ribs on the right) Numerous tests for which all results are normal.Pretty much that is IBS as long as there is some alteration in normal stool pattern (doesn't have to be full blown either way). If all stools are always completely normal then some people would tend to classify it as another Functional Bowel problem called Chronic Functional Abdominal Pain, but at this time the treatments for the pain are pretty much identical so the semantic difference, at this time, doesn't mean much in what to do.PAIN is the MAJOR feature of IBS, it just is associated with changes in bowel habit.K.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.