Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hello,I've recently been experiencing abnormal stomach pain. As someone who has had IBS for 10+ years, I've had my share of pain, but not as longlasting like this. In the past, my stomach/ab pain has been before a D attack. But more recently the stomach pain has been constant.. I go to sleep with pain, wake up with pain, as well as bloating and gas (more than usual). My diet hasnt' changed and I'm not taking any new medication. The only thing I take for my IBS is Metamucil twice a day. I have had acid reflux issues in the past.. any thoughts? Maybe an ulcer?

·
Registered
722 Posts
HiI suffer pain,bloating and flatulence all day and night every day! The pain can ease a bit but i suffer all the time.I am taking 20mg Amitriptyline at night to see if it eases the pain i am in.My GP has said that it is my IBS and that i suffer more than other people,but of course i know there are people suffering just as much as myself.Wish there was something to ease symptoms.

·
Registered
293 Posts
It sounds like a bad flare up to me. I'm going through the same thing, constant pain all day and night, bloating, gas etc and nothing is helping it

·
Registered
34,955 Posts
When the symptoms make a big change out of the ordinary (either much more severe or switch from off and on to constant) it is worth getting checked out by the doctor.It may be the IBS changing, but some of the other abdominal problems do tend to be more constant in quality (like an ovarian cyst or tumor can cause constant bloat and pain where IBS will tend to come and go).So I think it may be time to get checked out.

·
Registered
722 Posts
I have a cyst on one of my ovaries and a cyst on my kidney,have been told they would not be the cause of pain and they are not doing me any harm.So no need to do anything about them.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the advice, I guess I need to schedule an appointment with the GI. I've been thinking though the additional bloating and pain may be because I'm not drinking enough water while taking Metamucil twice a day. Hopefully the flare up goes away.. ughhhh

1 - 6 of 6 Posts