Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Banned
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My first experience with biofeedback was when I took a training class at a convention many years ago. They asked for a volunteer from the audience, and being the good nerd that I can be (my husband calls me a Mousekeeter), I raised my hand. At the time, I was extremely pregnant, so I lumbered to the front of the room to get hooked up. For a person who can have a touch of social anxiety, I couldn't have possibly drew more attention to myself! Anyway, I told the instructor that I had a bit of a tension headache so he placed the monitor at various points around my head and face. The visual display on the monitor was so cool! As I watched I could see what I needed to do to release my muscle tension and, lo and behold, my pain eased.

Among the variety of health problems that biofeedback has been used for is severe constipation that results from a problem with the pelvic floor known as dyssynergic defecation. If you have severe problems with constipation or have been diagnosed with dyssynergic defecation, biofeedback may be an option for you. My new article provides an overview:

Have you tried biofeedback? Please share your experience by leaving a comment below or on the IBS discussion forum.

Biofeedback for Constipation originally appeared on About.com Irritable Bowel Syndrome on Sunday, November 8th, 2009 at 05:05:40.

Permalink | Comment | Email this

View the full article

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.