Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Banned
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Due to the current state of the economy, many of my patients are finding themselves in a state of unemployment. In addition to fears about financial security, being unemployed brings about the unique challenges associated with going on job interviews. While it is true that some anxiety is good for performance, anxiety can also be a major trigger for IBS symptoms. If you are currently unemployed and are facing the stress of interviews, you will want to know about a couple of timely articles recently published by About.com's Guide to Social Anxiety Disorder, Arlin Cuncic:

Arlin has put together some wonderful ideas for reducing worries and increasing confidence. Many of her tips are those that I routinely share with my psychotherapy patients, but she threw also included some new tidbits that I will add to my repertoire. So if you are unemployed, or unhappily employed, you will sure to benefit from Arlin's great advice. Good luck in your job search!

Dealing with Job Interview Anxiety originally appeared on About.com Irritable Bowel Syndrome on Friday, December 18th, 2009 at 05:07:34.

Permalink | Comment | Email this

View the full article

1 - 1 of 1 Posts