Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
660 Posts
I started out having luck with Viberzi, but the side effects are hard to handle. I can't stay awake. I also get pretty bad abdominal pains with it. Lately, I've been having what I would call re- bound diarrhea. It stops me up for awhile, but my body eventually needs to go and I get frequent diarrhea as the drug wears off. I have to be honest with you....if I only went twice a day I'd think I died and went to heaven. I sometimes have to go four or five time an hour when my IBS is really kicking in. As far as worrying about the bus trip, I would think Imodium would work just as good as Viberzi and you wouldn't need a prescription.

· Registered
660 Posts
Have you tried Lomotil? It works best for me as far as not binding me up too much. Viberzi has that tendency like Imodium. It lasts much longer than Lomotil. I can take Lomotil in the evening and by morning have my normal irregular BMS. It does require a prescription.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.