Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So,After increasing my fibre, drinking peppermint tea or fennel tea and avoiding trigger foods, I found I was still bloated, gasy and constipated. I stared taking Acai supplements - they worked wonders. They gave me incredible energy, but most of all they helped cleanse my system. I am now regular with them and the bloating and gas is virtually non-existant. I know they are marketed as weight loss supplements, but they really worked for me. I woudn't recommend them if you deal with diarrhea, but otherwise they are great. I also have lactose and gluten sensitivities, but I have not had any side effects.You can usually get the supplements at a good health food store or online, just make sure there are no fillers.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
To be honest, when I took them, I only lost about 7 pounds over several months. I supposed if I was to double or triple the dosage I could have lost more. I would think you would be fine, as long as you make yourself eat regularly. Acai will really help control your appetite, so you really won't feel like eating, even if you should. As long as you eat regularly, you shouldn't have any problems - as long as you don't suffer with diarrhea. You probably just want to start with one dose a day, so probably one pill in the morning only. I hope that this helps.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts