Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So today I woke up at around 8 to no food in my house so I went to the grocery store without eating anything. I bought a kombucha and drank it on my home. When I got home, I wanted to make a smoothie but the blender cup was in the dishwasher so I made myself some warm lemon water and waited for the dishwasher to be done until around 12 when I finally had breakfast. For the past couple weeks I've had one bowel movement in the morning and that's it for the rest of the day but I definitely did not feel "emptied" afterwards. I've felt backed up and gross but after I fasted for 4 hours and only drank the kombucha and lemon water I had two bowel movements even before eating breakfast! I felt very relieved and cleansed and the rest of the day went very smoothly. I had very minimal bloating and my bowel movements were much more regular throughout the day. I think I am going to continue to not eat anything for a few hours in the morning and only drink warm lemon water as well as regular water and see if that helps me. Has anybody else done this?

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
I tried to drink lemon water first thing in the morning. I didn't warm it up although that seems to be an important detail.

Keep us updated. I think you are on something.

·
Registered
568 Posts
I tried it too but found it didn't do wonders for my morning pain, and the acid was not friendly.

Although I notice if I get up, and drink a glass of water first thing it usually triggers a few BM's, though this can backfire and go D without warning.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts