Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been considering accupuncture to treat my pain, diarrhea, and of course weight. I would like to know if there are others who have tried this and what are your experiences? I am still new to IBS-D only diagnosed a year and a half ago. lately the diarrhea has been getting worse. I used to go 3-4 times a day and lately it has been 6 -7 times a day along with the pain flaring up. Thanks for your help in making my choice.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I have been considering accupuncture to treat my pain, diarrhea, and of course weight. I would like to know if there are others who have tried this and what are your experiences? I am still new to IBS-D only diagnosed a year and a half ago. lately the diarrhea has been getting worse. I used to go 3-4 times a day and lately it has been 6 -7 times a day along with the pain flaring up. Thanks for your help in making my choice.
I tried acupuncture once, on the recommendation of an asian friend, and found it did not help. Rather unusual experience, makes me chuckle remembering it. The Chinese guy stuck me good with pens from head to toe. What helped me the most with my severe IBS-D was eating a paleo/ low carb diet, vitamin D3 and fish oil. I was just reading an older article about how D3 can help with GI conditions. Thought to post the link. Good luck! Hope you find relief. http://nephropal.blogspot.com/search/label/leaky%20gut

·
Registered
195 Posts
I had one session, and that didn't do anything, though I guess you need to go at least three times to see if it helps. I'd give it a try. In my situation, the acupuncturist decided that he thought I'd have more success trying Chinese herbs so I started seeing him for those instead. They actually either didn't do anything, or gave me a really upset stomach. Then I went on Cymbalta and that helped my stomach pain, which was why I had been seeing the acupuncturist, so I never made a follow up to give the needles a try.

·
Registered
224 Posts
I've had numerous accupuncture treatments (8+) with negative results. I found that it was very relaxing and in conjunction with numerous other steps it helped slightly but not to the point that it justified paying the costs associated. Not sure why you would think that accupuncture will help with weight loss? Get off your butt and get some exercise for that.

·
Registered
99 Posts
It helped slightly for the pain but definitely no cure. I had a panic attack (never had one before this) during a treatment though that revealed some of the source of my problem. Some of the herbs in TCM increase appetite so are good for weight gain.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts