Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi,Yes I do get aches a lot. Across the back mainly and up into my kneck. Its almost like a spasm which really hurts me. I do go to Chiro which does help but does always work. I am not sure but I out it down to stress and tension. Am going try massages to see if that has any benefit.Regards

·
Registered
222 Posts
Waking up achy is a normal situation for a lot of people and usually it is because you don't sleep well due to the damn spasms and cramps all night. Just to let you know Peace, I have been taking massage for the last few months and it has helped. I am continueing once a month for awile. Good Luck

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Your right, I dont' sleep that good at night, my stomach bothers me sometimes, and i get a little anxiety, like for some reason butterflies like feeling. I toss from side to side also, get up 2-3 times sometimes during the night with overactive bladder also. I also get the nausea in the mornings as well. I just have a really hard time gettin out of bed in the mornings, feel achy takes time for me to get in motion. My husband asked me if i felt ok this morning, told him my back hurt.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sometimes during the day I get quiet, and feel kinda lethargic, it's kinda weird. I just don't feel like myself sometimes, maybe I need to take vitamins. If I dont' eat much, seems like I feel better, does that sound weird to anyone ??

·
Registered
408 Posts
Oh god yes. I feel like crapola when I first wake up. It is like I haven't slept. I think it's my bed though. I have a really old bed and when I wake up my back is in such bad pain. I also usually have to go "D" right away and I get hunger pangs. I also feel sluggish until later in the afternoon. It's a cycle and I am so sick of it.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'm sorry you feel the same way,, but sometimes I feel like I"m alone in this, that no one else feels like this. Achy flu like sore mucsles in the mornings, with nausea. Sometimes I feel i have little energy during the day,, not much strength, I guess all this has to do with my ibs ??

·
Registered
34,955 Posts
Not as common as IBS, but fairly common.It is much more common to have both than chance alone would indicate. A lot of FM people have IBS.We have a whole section of FM and Chronic Fatigue you might want to check that section out.and this http://www.niams.nih.gov/hi/topics/fibromyalgia/fibrofs.htmFrom that article FM effects 1 in 50. IBS is more like 1 in 10 to 1 in 5K.

·
Registered
222 Posts
If you are continually waking up for no apparrant reason or feel really tired and drained through the day, it could also be a sleep disorder like Sleep Apnea. Talk to your doc about a sleep test. It's a vicious cycle. You don't sleep so you stomach doesn't rest, and your stomach is overactive so you don't sleep. Sleep disorders can be treated and may help your IBS. It's worth a shot. The thing is, It doesn't matter how long you are in bed, ,what counts is how deep and un-interuppted your sleep is. You need some solid "REM" hours of sleep to rest your entire body.

G

·
CV (sorry to abreviate) and Chris - yes me too - particularly in this uncharacteristically hot weather even Manchester is enjoying. Yes, feel stiff up the back of my legs up into the buttocks though thats easing but certainly stiff in the calves and to top it all - have now pulled my right shoulder (nothing to do with IBS but just one more little misery) which makes trying to reverse in the car a bloody nightmare but whats with these very stiff legs in the morning - fine as the day wears on but have noticed this much more I'd say over the last 6 months or so.Sue

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.