Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone on the board have acid reflux along with sinus problems or sinus infection? Was just wondering what you are doing to cope. My sinuses are really bad now and it seems like my reflux is 10 times worse when this happens. Can anyone relate?? Was also looking for what folks do for sinus pressure and pain. More toward the natural side. Also does any type of excersize help reflux,,,,the hiatal hernia type?? Looking for help
.....Gar

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
Gar,Your tummy and allergy problems may be connected. Get this book at the library:Food Allergies and Food Intolerance by Dr. Jonathan BrostoffAlso, check out the threads by or to Mike NoLomotil for lots of info on the connection, and do a search for his posts. http://www.ibsgroup.org/ubb/ultimatebb.php...ic&f=1&t=025281 I'm sorry, I was going to post more, but my windows locked up on me. Do a search for the thread called "Mast Cells" also. wow, it's so hard to type when my browser's locking up!

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
Gar,Your tummy and allergy problems may be connected. Get this book at the library:Food Allergies and Food Intolerance by Dr. Jonathan BrostoffAlso, check out the threads by or to Mike NoLomotil for lots of info on the connection, and do a search for his posts. http://www.ibsgroup.org/ubb/ultimatebb.php...ic&f=1&t=025281 I'm sorry, I was going to post more, but my windows locked up on me. Do a search for the thread called "Mast Cells" also. wow, it's so hard to type when my browser's locking up!

G

·
Gar: I can certainly relate. I've always said my reflux problems increased when my sinuses are causing postnasal drip. I figure it goes into our stomach and reacts with something. Also, the constant hacking doesn't help either. Is your house extra dry in the winter? If so you might want to invest in a humidifier. This seems to help my sinuses a great deal.

G

·
Gar: I can certainly relate. I've always said my reflux problems increased when my sinuses are causing postnasal drip. I figure it goes into our stomach and reacts with something. Also, the constant hacking doesn't help either. Is your house extra dry in the winter? If so you might want to invest in a humidifier. This seems to help my sinuses a great deal.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Hi Gar, This may sound strange but have you considered that it may be the other way around? I also have sinus problems, reflux and IBS-D and asthma. I was told by my gastro-doc that reflux can actually cause asthma because when the acid is in your throat it is easily inhaled which irritates the bronchia, this in turn could cause irritation to your sinuses. It may be that the sinus problems are caused by the reflux. That is just another way to look at it. I find with the sinuses that it helps me a great deal to put microwaveble heating pads on my head, I also put them on my stomach when the reflux is bad and on my guts when the IBS is bad. I find this very useful because the warmth not only helps with the sinus swelling but it relaxes me. Relaxation sems to be the key for me to coping with all of these annoying conditions.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Hi Gar, This may sound strange but have you considered that it may be the other way around? I also have sinus problems, reflux and IBS-D and asthma. I was told by my gastro-doc that reflux can actually cause asthma because when the acid is in your throat it is easily inhaled which irritates the bronchia, this in turn could cause irritation to your sinuses. It may be that the sinus problems are caused by the reflux. That is just another way to look at it. I find with the sinuses that it helps me a great deal to put microwaveble heating pads on my head, I also put them on my stomach when the reflux is bad and on my guts when the IBS is bad. I find this very useful because the warmth not only helps with the sinus swelling but it relaxes me. Relaxation sems to be the key for me to coping with all of these annoying conditions.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts