Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had IBS-A for about 8 years now. I can't find any medicine that helps me. My doctor had me on Levbid and Zelnorm, but then obviously the Zelnorm was taken away. He took me off Levbid and put me on belladona/phenobarbitol which doesn't seem to help at all. Recently I've been burping up a liquid that burns my throat so bad. I get really bad chest pains that don't go away. I've been told milk helps but I'm lactose intolerant so I don't think thats a good idea. Just yestereday I acutally burped up some corn, thats never happened to me before. Also, I went out with a friend for dinner had a cheeseburger, fries and a root beer. About 30 minutes after I ate I got the sharpest pains on my right side right below my rib cage. I've already had a hidascan done a year ago and it was fine. I've also gained about 20 pounds in a month, which is really strange seeing as how I run 4 miles everyday and haven't changed my diet or exercise routine lately. Anyone else have symptoms like this?

·
Registered
14,427 Posts
Gaining 20 lbs in a month is a red flag that I wouldn't ignore. Get yourself to a Dr.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts