Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My mother has suffered with bleeding from UC for the past three years. She was grasping at straws for the next step was steroids. She came across a good b complex and also started taking acidophilus. She has been in complete remission for two months. Her IBS has been good too. I strted taking it a week ago but wanted to know if anyone knows anything else about it.

·
Registered
927 Posts
It definitely works on some people.I take a practitioner only range of bifidus which works better on me. (lower bowel) rather than upper.Put it in the search engine to get info on it.All related to good and bad bowel bacteria

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
From what I understand from my health food store, acidophilus only stops further growth of the bad bacteria, it does not kill what you already have, which is an overgrowth of yeast, also called candida albicans and something most doctors do not diagnose. They will even tell you there is no test for it, not true. Have been getting lots of good info from a booklet I bought on the internet at http://fibrocure.com.[/URL] This girl got totally rid of her IBS and is symptom free. That's what I'm trying to do for my own daughter. Learning lots and still reading, suggest you try it.Casey

·
Registered
6,922 Posts
Hi Claudia:I'm glad to hear the acidophilus is helping your Mom. I've been taking the Culturelle acidophilus for some time now, and I really think it's helped me. My IBS kicked off with antibiotics, and I had a tremendous amount of gas. I swear the Culturelle helped. I take it on a regular basis now. Several months ago I had diverticulitis and had to take 2 antibiotics, flagyl and bactrim. I had not problems whatsoever with them because I was taking the acidophilus.I hope this helps.
JeanG

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi, Claudia...I am thrilled to read that your dear mother has found relief from her illness. ALways a wonderful thing to hear.As for acidophillus, I have an interesting experience with it, as many on this board already know. I am currently taking the Culturelle, but I am finding that it does me more harm than good, or so it seems. It WORSENS my gas and bloating symptoms, as opposed to helping them, unfortunately. I'm pretty much at my wit's end at this point, because I had been taking a probiotic product with several strains of probiotics in it, and it worked miraculously for me...just wonderfully. I was so happy...until I developed an intense muscle fatigue and overall body fatigue (as in I can sleep 18 hours a day, and would probably sleep 24 were it possible.) We are now in the process of evaluating whether this could be an effect of the probiotics (acidophillus included) which I've been taking twice a day for a few months. As such, the question is whether the probiotics, which are lactic acid producing, have caused an accumulation of lactic acid in my body which in turn has caused acidosis...which actually, is quite harmful and dangerous to the organs, the heart included.I should know mid-late next week whether what I am battling now is acidosis or not.I only wish the Culturelle would work for me, as it is a different type of lactobacillus, and does not readily accumulate in the body.Good luck. I wish you the grandest of results with whatever you try.Josie

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.