Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I decided to search out for those suffering from IBS symptoms like I was, so that I can recommend what helped me. I would like to tell you all how and why I found this, but it would take too long so I will cut to the chase. I found Acidophilus capsules. I research online and found it to say that it is beneficial to those suffering from the bad abdominal pains and diarrhea associated with IBS. I went to my local Target and chose one by Origin. I began taking it right away, as I suffered from those symptoms throughout the day on a daily basis. It's been 6 months and I can't begin to describe how it has changed my life. Now I have regular calm bowel movements and do not experience the stabbing pain in my abdomen or feel like I can't go anywhere because of fear I will need to run to the bathroom. I used to get instantly sick if I was under a lot of stress, ate anything with soy sauce, ate ice cream or had any dairy foods. Now I just take one capsule in the morning with breakfast and that's it, I'm off to a good day. The Acidophilus I use is by Origin, 60 capsules for $4.24. Different stores have different brands, but they are the same thing. You can do your own research on it and you will find that it is a Probiotic that fights the bad bacteria in our bodies. I highly recommend it, you will feel the difference the very first day.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Harley1, I do know that there are a few different probiotics that help different ailments. I don't know if Acidophilus would help with constipation, it just might because it does make me regular. If I were you, I would try it since it's only about a $5 investment. They are found in the vitamin section of most drugstores. But if I may suggest drinking a couple of glasses of apple juice a day, it will help with your constipation. The bloated feeling may be due to what you are eating. Soda, coffee with creamer, vegetables like broccoli, cauliflower, beans, etc. So if you can eliminate those things from your diet, I think you will feel the difference. Hope this helps..

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I felt the difference after taking the very first capsule at the beginning of the day right before breakfast. My life filled with cramps and needing to rush to the bathroom about 10 times per day changed that very first day. In fact, two days ago, due to some unexpected events I did not take the capsule as usual and I suffered the entire day with pain and visited the bathroom 5 times before noon. I won't do that again! Seriously, everyone should try it. I felt like I discovered a secret to happiness, that's why I shared it on here. I hope you try it and let me know how you feel.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.