Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

· Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone benefitted from Dannon's new Activia yogurt? I thought I would give it a shot. Today is my first day eating it, and they recommend trying it for two weeks (so of course they force you to buy it in either four-packs or eight-packs). It's okay, but I like my regular yogurt better. But if it helps my constipation, thereby alleviating the gas and bloating I have CONSTANTLY, then it's worth switching.Any feedback?

· Registered
395 Posts
I was actually D when I took it, and both it and the Align seemed to get the number of stools down...I dropped it when I started taking Align, fearing interference, but the cos. said it was OK to take them together.Can't speak to C though. Interested in knowing, however...

· Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
so far it's been four days. no change yet. i am going to eat it once per day for the full two weeks and report back. i'm keeping my fingers crossed, although i can't be too optimistic. i've tried way too many "treatments" that didn't work : )

· Registered
126 Posts
I've been on the Activia for a week now, and I've already noticed a difference. The only thing I'm worried about is the possibility of breaking out in a rash. I ate yogurt when I was a freshman in high school, and had to quit eating the yogurt because I started breaking out. (I think I broke out due to overuse of acne creams, rather than anything related to the yogurt. I hope...)

· Registered
6 Posts
I started on activia a week and a half ago and after the first few days I noticed a differance, I didnt wake up with my normal tummy pain and I ate a half of a jar of pickles which is my worst trigger food with hardly any pain and I think the only reason I had any pain was because I ran out of my activia but I got more today so I'll let you all know if it helps any more

· Registered
776 Posts
I found it on sale at my local market for $1.99 for the 4 pak plus I had a coupon, so I bought 3 4 paks. It has a long shelf life, I noticed. Hope it helps. It will be on sale until the 11th, so I can get more if I see a difference. Today is a bad day for my IBS, so I hope I feel better soon.

· Registered
126 Posts
I'm nearing the end of week #2, and I have had some success. I had a flare-up late last week, and am still recovering from it, so the yogurt's positive effects have been somewhat delayed, but I have noticed I'm less bothered by things that have made me gassy in the recent past. I didn't expect this product to stop my flare-ups (I don't know what will at this point), but it has made an overall difference.

· Registered
78 Posts
Raj -New memberCan somebody tell me what is 'activa'yogurt'? How is it diferent from 'regular'low fat yogurt. I eat the regular low fat yogurt every day. Please somebody respond. Also where can I find the activa yogurt?.

· Registered
33,934 Posts
It has been at most of the grocery stores around here, it may be available only in the US?I has a specific species of bacteria in it that is differnet than the ones that are normally used in yogurt.John-unless they are made with soy all yogurts are made with cultured milk. The culture is what turns it from milk into yogurt. The rest of the designation is just whatever grade the USDA put on the milk. The bacteria tend to eat some of the lactose in the milk, and when they are in the gut may help because when they get ahold of lactose they produce no gas when they digest it.K.

· Registered
776 Posts
Welcome Honey,I ate it for 2 weeks. I thought it was helping after the first week, but the last few days, I haven't been too great. I was really excited because I felt better. Now, I am not so sure. I was also told that it was better to try it for more than 2 weeks. I got it on sale from my local market for the first 2 weeks, but it is off the sale price now.I think it is a good thing to try, however. I may just be having a bad week due to other reasons. I haven't been very careful with my diet this week, so my flareup may be due to that. I guess I had better cut out the unwise eating and see if I get over this flareup.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.