Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
I saw the thread about this in the IBS-D forum, however I am IBS-C/D (leans C) so I'd like to post my reply in the general IBS forum.I've been taking Activa (every day, religiously) for a over a month now, and I have noticed overall significant improvement in my symptoms.I've been reading a lot from people on message boards (here and other places) who give up on Activa after a few days or a week. DON'T GIVE UP! Unless it is making things worse, that is! It says on the package to take it for 2 weeks to see an improvement and it was gradually over 3 weeks before I noticed a big improvement.I am really curious to hear if there are any other success stories out there. If there are, please share!!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Yup, I'm on day three. I've been eating it right before I go to bed. I also take Zelnorm off and on, because I have C off and on (I'm IBS-A). Anyhow, day one I alternated to D for one BM, then it stopped. I didn't take my Zelnorm last night, and I've had normal(!) BMs twice today. The pain is not gone, but I'm neither C or D today - and that is saying something! It's early, so I'm anxious to see if this is going to help long term. I figure it's an inexpensive option worth giving a try!

·
Registered
13 Posts
You know, I thought I should also add, I was very nervous about starting this, because I don't eat dairy . . . well, I haven't at all for months now. Dairy is typically a huge trigger for me, and this hasn't done anything like that.So far, so good!

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
I just wanted to add that I just bought a 16 pack of the Activia and ate my first one tonight.Even if it doesn't help my IBS-D, they are really good! I got the strawberry kind.Either way, it's a good snack (I don't have a yogurt trigger, though).

·
Registered
17 Posts
I am on my 4th week with the Activia and have noticed a significant improvement. Has completely gottn rid of the D and I generally feel better. It is truth though that you have to give it 10-14 days to take effect. Belive it or not, the Prune flavor is great!!!!

·
Registered
162 Posts
Hi, I started buying it about a week ago.Thought we would give it a try. My youngest, R (who doesn not have IBS that I know of), gets nauseated alot. He misses school at least once a week due to being nauseous. And he would tell me at night that he was nauseated alot. He stayed home Monday due to that, so I started making him eat Activia once a day (he is getting tired of it now). I know it has been only a few days, but he hasn't complained of nausea at all since Monday. I am so hoping that this will help that for him. He will keep eating it as long as it helps, even if I have to force feed him.
mom

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.