Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Yes, I am eating a lot of this yogurt and it seems to have reduced frequency and pain. I've been eating it less than 2 weeks though, and the placebo effect is always a possibility. Plus I often wonder if the additional calcium you get from eating it could be partly responsible. Having said all that it is fairly unusual for me to be having so few poops. Usually it's 10+ visits to the bathroom a day, but now it's usually less than 4. In particular it seems to have reduced a lot of my "false alarm" visits. I think I'm gonna drag out my old yogurt maker and see if I can't make this stuff myself.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Hi, I've been lurking for a few months now since I was diagnosed with IBS-C. I tried this yoghurt for 2 and a half weeks. I thought it would help my IBS-C, but it didn't. It made me bloated, uncomfortable, and put me in a lot of pain. But then I cant tolerate dairy products.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I tried them....and here I am still constipated and taking the semester off due to severe IBS. I ate one a day for a couple months. I found them really small and unsatisfying. I just switched to Stonyfield lowfat yogurts which have Bifidus bacteria as well and are a more satisfying size. Also Stonyfield yogurt has 6 live and active cultures plus inulin (which acts as a prebiotic) and Activia only has 3.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.