Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone ever tried acupuncture for IBS?
I have been thinking of giving it a try and see how it goes, but just wanted some feedback before I schedule a appointment. I had a friend do it for other problems and she had great results. Any information would be great. Thanks

·
Registered
354 Posts
wctqboy:Here is a link to a previous discussion on accupuncture which includes my comments. Hopefully you will get some additional feedback. I am considering accupuncture for treating some chronic leg pain that is really bothering me but accupunture did not help my IBS. Good luck in your search for an answer to your IBS. http://www.ibsgroup.org/cgi-local/ubbcgi/u...c;f=42;t=000155

·
Registered
31 Posts
i work for an acupuncturist, and he has treated many IBS patients, with a lot of success. For example, he is treating a 18 year old female who has been hospitalized many times due to IBS, and she has been improving and hasn't been in the hospital for several months since beginning treatment.The results are very individual. I've been using acupuncture and massage therapy to treat my symtoms up until now, with good results.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.