Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi RdambrosioI am also asking this question. See my note on the topic "Protract and acupuncture". I have not had any response yet. I hope you get some!Have you enquired into how many sessions you will need? Have you spoken to a person who performs acupuncture? I would be interested to know what you have been advised. I have emailed a few and one has replied saying they can treat IBS and that I would come for a consultation at $80 and then have to do 10 weeks at $60 per session. After that it would be once a month. I am Australian so this is AUS dollars.

·
Banned
3,903 Posts
i say if you go for acupuncture and it works for you thats great, my partner is a real believer in acupuncture.Some nutter drove into our car a few months ago, jim sustained whiplash and bruising to his back, hes convinced that acupuncture helps, good luck if you go for it

·
Registered
5 Posts
I tried acupuncture the week after I was diagnosed last month. I had 4 sessions over 2 weeks, and I felt better than I had for the previous 6 months (still do). Bloating and constipation went away after the first week. BUT...I also stopped eating wheat at the same time, so could be what helped.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.