Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
23,983 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have added more information to my website,so take a look when you have time. I am still working on it when I have the spare time.I also want to ask the BB what they think about a commercial page on it. A page with links to otc remedies and books and such. I am just curious at this point if it would be worth it to people? In someways I don't want to make it commercial,but I was wondering about adding one page? Please tell me what you think?------------------ http://webpotential.com/ericibs/index.htm

G

·
eric,I personally don't see anything wrong with a page like that, as long as you are not showing prices and trying to sell products---I wouldn't like that. But, information would be good, I think.....------------------LET'S ALL PRAY FOR A CURE TO THIS IBS SOON!BETTIE

·
Registered
23,983 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Bettie, I am not to sure about it yet either, anyone else have any comments?

G

·
Eric,I don't see any harm. After all, you have listings of meds, naturopathic remedies & therapies that are ALL something we have to pay for ultimately. It might make it easier for people if there were direct links to products, services, etc.I know you'd do a good job in only providing links to products & services that are on the up & up. I would recommend you only provide links to items that a good amount of people who have IBS have tried & have had success.

·
Registered
170 Posts
eric, I think it would be well worth it. Seems that many people out there are in the same boat we are..no one knows where to turn, the MD's poo hoo us and we leave thinking we are nuts or that its all in our head. Having a commercial page with links and books and vitamin/herbal supplements info would be a big help for many I am sure. The more info you put out there the more people you reach and touch and HELP! Jim------------------OF all the Divine qualities, the GREATEST of those is COMPASSION and TRIUMPH of the human spirit!!

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Great idea, and post what the OTC stuff is helpful with, possible side effects, etc. We need more resources out in the arena for people to try. Gads, as long as I suffered and never was told about Caltrate... You know, I mentioned it to my GP, and she said she didn't understand why it helped the D. Refused to aknowledge it was useful as anything more than a mineral suppliment.... Think she will ever suggest it? I doubt it!------------------Praying with Bettie for a cure for this NASTY IBS!

·
Registered
23,983 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks everyone, I am not going to do it yet,but was just wondering about doing it,I think in some ways it would help. I apperciate the comments and want to thank everyone again for the support you have all given me, I am glad I can give some of it back. I know that sounds cheesy, but its true!

·
Registered
6,922 Posts
Eric:I'm really impressed. I looked at your website before, but didn't really spent time on it. I followed some links right now. What a great job you've done! I could never be that organized. I'll have to take an evening off reading this board to go over yours.Re: advertising. I've never really thought about it, but I wouldn't see any problem. Like Bettie, though, I wouldn't like to see prices. But, it's up to you.Have fun! Jean------------------"Never let the fear of striking out get in your way." Babe Ruth. And I'm also Praying with Bettie for a cure for this NASTY IBS! Jean

·
Registered
435 Posts
Eric, I think this is a great idea. Afterall, you're not making money off of all the possible 'cures', suggestions etc that you give for IBS. I think you should submit your webpage to Glaxo so they can possibly use it to educate the public about the syndrome that they are about to take on head first. LALA

G

·
eric,What do you think about LaLa's suggestion to send to Glaxo?------------------LET'S ALL PRAY FOR A CURE TO THIS IBS SOON!BETTIE

·
Registered
23,983 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I like the suggestion Bettie, but I don't think they would take my site, I wouldn't mind building them one though(just in case any Glaxo spies are reading the BB Hint Hint. I do appreciate everyone's comment though!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.