Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been doing a bit better on Zoloft- still wake up after 5 hours of sleep with some gas pains( anyone else have this? I can't see after not have dairy for over 2 months any improvement in that area. My doctor suggested that I add in a little bit of yogurt and see. I also take PB8- any suggestions? I have lost around 12 pounds- I eat such a restricted diet- and many less calories when I stopped the dairy. Thanks Also, I wonder if I am taking PB8 correctly- that is on an empty stomach.

·
Registered
34,955 Posts
Do the pills have any instructions on how to take them on the side. I'd do what the package indicates to do.As for help adding dairy back. I'd start with getting a carton of plain yogurt. Try adding a little bit in with meals you are already eating (Like as a toppin or a sauce for things). If you tolerate that you can become more adventerous, but I would add in one new thing at a time. (like each kind of cheese separately, and each flavor of yogurt separately as there may be things specific to each one that could be a trigger)Do each new thing for three days. See what happens. If it causes a reaction don't eat it again (although if you have triggers other than food, you may want to re-challange at a later date as it could have been something else).Also build up the amount of dairy in any one meal or snack slowly. You may be ok with small amounts in a meal or as a snack, but eating a large amount may not be.K.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts