Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
You might want to post this on the young adults or childrens forum. I don't know the answer, but I would think the prep would be similar to an adults, but perhaps with less of the pre-prep concoction.

·
Registered
517 Posts
Well i had a colonoscopy last year when i was 18.I had to drink a gallon of some stuff(i think it was called peglite?)It was the nastiest thing i have ever had to do. The stuff was really gross and after a few hours of drinking 1 cup every 10mins i couldn't keep it down any longer. I did my prep in the hospital(i was in for other stuff) and it started at 10pm(they were supposed to bring it at 8pm). I had to drink this stuff all night and it didn't kick in untill 10am the next day. I was in the bathroom for about 1 hour and then that part was over. The colonoscopy wasn't bad, don't remember a thing but my mom told me they said i was complaining of the pain so they kept giving me more drugs. Then they couldnt' wake me up when it was done. I dont' remember anythign except waking up a 8pm in my hospital room.The colonoscopy part is fine but depending on what prep you get it could be ok or really hard. Try and ask if you can get the prep which is jsut pills(or somethign like that, you jsut have to take a small ammount of something.)Good luck

·
Registered
417 Posts
I'm 19 and I'm having my 7th or 8th scope Thursady (I have UC)The prep is the same as an adult. It depends on your doc as to the exact prep. If you're normally C you might have more. For my scopes I've had either 1 day clear liquids and 2 suppositories, or 1 day clear liquids and phospho soda. Deifinitely unpleasant but it's only for one night
Kate

1 - 5 of 5 Posts