Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay,Yesterday I tried not to have an anxiety attack but it came on anyway because I had some bad lower cramping and some acid reflux. I stayed up too late and today I'm working from home.Anyway, I need some positive reinforcement because today I can't turn the gnawing voices off.Today I have the on again/off again dull achey pain under my right rib cage. It's annoying. The bad voices are telling me it's the "C" word but I need some reassurance that it's not.Also, can my Family Doctor give me a gallbladder function test? What is the test like? The ultrasound came up negative but I've had this kind of pain for a year now. Can gall bladder also be felt on the left side (where the colon bends)?Anyway, I'm trying hard not to get depressed. I don't like it when I feel this way.Please help me today.Thanks,Faithful Girl,Chris

·
Registered
34,955 Posts
Other than cancer of the intestines usually is not painful, Does that help? A friend of mine had a nasty tumor in her small intestine, wasn't cancer, just a tumor. It started bleeding and she almost died from it (DOA's coming into the ER usually have higher blood values than she had) and not a clue, not a twinge of pain from the thing at all. No idea it was there until blood started coming out . As soon as they topped off her tank she was chipper and pain free as ever. (and usually with Colon cancer the blood in the stool thing happens long before the pain thing hits) So that you have had the pain for like a year makes it less likely to be cancer of the intestines. I think the time lag between when it starts being painful and you are dead is usually pretty short when they are not treating the cancer.I know the harder you try not to panic sometimes the more one does. I don't get anxiety attacks, but I do get tachycardia which has similar physiological responsess. And the more I go into "this has to stop now!" mode the harder it is to get it to be controlled.Gall bladder is pretty much only on the right. The bend in the colon on the left is a really common place for pain (splenic flexure).I think they can run a tube around to the opening of the gall bladder and test for function. let me get the name of that.While that is loading. There is also a bend on the right and that bend can be a problem spot as well.www.diagnose-me.com/cond/C141240.html lists some of the other symptoms besides pain that go along with gall bladder issues. Both acute and chronic. Not much on tests...Lets look at some other sites.http://my.webmd.com/hw/health_guide_atoz/hw215119.asp is one of the scanshttp://womenshealth.about.com/od/gallbladd...lstonetests.htm is some more test.Try to relax, and distract yourself from the voices. If you can engage yourself in something you really enjoy for a couple of hours that should help.K.

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Kathy M,You are great. I feel better now. Somedays I'm great and very positive and other days I get really freaked out. On the days I feel positive I just don't even think about the pain which is never constant but it just comes and goes. If it was a tumor it would have to be a big one because the pain is the same pain on either the left or right sides. Maybe it really is just gas. I just didn't ever have this kind of gas growing up.You are so great, thanks so much for supporting everybody on here.Ah, as I write the pain is there again. Now I am telling myself it's lung cancer....I'm a real freak. Just a bad day. Everyday can't be great I guess.I'm going to try and play a game of chess. Working is hard to do right now.

·
Registered
6,019 Posts
I dunno how others experience gall bladder problems; but I passed some stones once. I thought it was my appendix (not knowing what side that was on) and was sure I was dying, right then!Let's assume this isn't cancer because that probably wouldn't travel around. Let's assume it isn't gall bladder because you would already be at the ER. That's pretty well going to leave you with digestion. (I'm as right as right can be; but I will get pains under the bottom of my left ribcage. Gas. Ha-ha-ha.)If you are worried about lung cancer, I bet you smoke(d). If you did/do, I may be able to help you. Cigs were my first trigger. They cause major cardiovascular disease, as you would know. Treating that with a grape based supplement (flavonoids) has also eliminated my IBS and GERD for years. Every day can be great, actually; or at least have that potential.MarkMark

G

·
Oh Chris my duck - you are SO like me!!!! I have days when all I can think about is the C word. My "cure" (and I don't mean literally) is really trite - keep busy!! Had a miserable morning - really crampy "poo"- peering into the bog bowl like a neurotic freak- expecting to see blood at every turn - there wasn't. Had been invited out to lunch by a friend who lives in the middle of the beautiful Peak District - "oh god I can't make it - what if I need a **** on the way there in the car" then I thought - for christs sake - GET A GRIP!!! I've lived, probably for most of my life with this bloody illness (and I'm 42 now), its been diagnosed for 9 years and we are all still here!! Yes, I spend HOURS worrying about the big C but at the end of the day, if you've been to the Doctors, and If they've done their job, I think all we can do is manage the symtoms in the best way we can, enjoy, nay REVEL in the good times and there will be those for ALL OF US and, without being preachy, thank God we are not dying and yes, its a bloody pain in the proverbial and, for most of us, its manageable isn't it.As to Gall bladder function - I really don't know, that will have to be dealt with by your Dr's.Make any sense?Hope you feel better soon - YOU WILL DOSue, Manchester

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.