Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My son is 7 and has had abdominal pain at the belly button for 18 months, everyday moaning 5x a day. He has had a ct scan, ultrasound, and colonoscopy with impaction and some inflammation. Doctors say it's constipation, but we have been trying to treat it for years with increasing fiber, more water, exercise, sleep, decrease stress, tried the elimination diet with no wheat, diary, nuts for 2 weeks. His 6 x-ray shows he has a lot of poop, but his stomach was soft per 4 doctors. His stool is type 4 the healthiest, and no pain when he poops, urine clear.

He isn't eating any diary. Has 4 tsp of Miralax, 14g of fiber daily. He has tried Levsin and Bento that helped for a month but gradually pain came back. His triggers are car rides and heat. Our schedules have changed so much that he wants to just stay home everyday because he prefers to be at home and he doesn't like car rides caused by the pain.

His diagnosis is constipation, functional abdominal pain, and IBS. My question is how does your child describe what the pain is like? Does your child have pain everyday? How do you deal with a child who moans about pain intermittent throughout the day?

Asking for help,

Lina

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
These problems are difficult. I encourage you to keep reading other people posts and looking for a solution. Also sharing anything you find with others.

I read a book by Aglaee Jacob about healing with real foods and I found it interesting. It has not healed me, though.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.