Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,I have had D with bad cramping ang lots of gas. I have been diagnosed with IBS.I don't know if this has anything to do with it, but I have also had sinus postnasal drainage.Does Bentyl help for my stomach symptoms? Can an episode of IBS take awhile to go away?Please tell me what helps you.Thanks

·
Registered
14,427 Posts
hi JazzThe Bentyl can help with the cramps. You might be able to use the Bentyl about 1/2 hour or so before your meals. Talk to your Dr. about that kind of dosing if that isn't how he prescribed.Also try using an anti-gas (like a product with simethicone in it.. eg: Gax-X Phazyme FYI I find the store brands are just as effective as those name brands) WITH your meals. Please visit our Diarrhea Forum for more ideas.Also at the top of the Diarrhea forum you will see Linda's calcium thread... many people with D have found that Calcium Carbonate can help firm up their BM's.Also you could try using Loperamide (Imodium or the store brand) caplets with your meals as a means to prevent D later. If one whole capsule is too much for you.. try breaking them in half or quarters.All of us are different so what helps each of us will differ. Finding symptom management is possible for us though... it just takes loads of trial and error.So try one new thing at a time and see what helps you. I wish we could be more specific... but as I said... each of us is unique.All the best!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts