Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well my parents have decided it's about time i got my act together and decided what i'm gonna do. read the paper today to find they'd been through the job section circling anything they think looked suitable and they keep hassling me to find out about going back to uni, whether i can go into 2nd year and what would help with that, and about transferring unis. and i see they have a point in getting all the info but i haven't even been back to the hospital yet so i don't have any idea what the likelihood is of making it back next year or anything like that, and i'm planning on visitng everyone at uni and see about being back there again so i don't see any point in finding out about 2nd year entry or anything til i've done that incase i really can't face going back there. and i can't really visit til after the exams and hols which would be beginning of feb. i thought i was handling things much better but this is making me freak out again. any advice for what i should do? about my life as well as my parents!thanks

·
Banned
160 Posts
I'm not sure why you're at what sounds like a critical point in your studies, but can only guess it's health/ibs related. Can't really help you with that aspect.The only possible advice I can suggest is to ensure you study something which grabs you, rather than something you think will help you get a job. You'll learn far more about yourself that way.As far as understanding parents goes - forget it! Until, suddenly, when you hit 40/50, and you realise that you feel inside just like you did when you were 20, it's just that the outside bits look different than you imagine them to, and they don't seem to work quite so well, no matter how fast you press the buttons....then you understand.

·
Registered
927 Posts
What about possibly taking online classes? I don't know if they offer them where you are, but a woman I work with is doing it. The beauty of it is you learn and do everything in the comfort of your own home....and near a bathroom if needed.

·
Banned
3,903 Posts
Any idea what you want to do heth? im sure things will work out for you
,y oldest daughter who is nearly 18 jacked in school at the beginning of the xmas hols to say i was angry and dissapointed is an understatement..she is very academic and very gifted in the art dept, she will hopefully get into college in dundee but until then i dont know if she will get a job to tide her over, i can just see a pig fly past my window

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
mekis - yes it's health related - i had to drop out of uni in november after a nasty flare up. was also depressed from trying to cope with uni and my stomach. i loved one of my modules, my main subject, but hated the other 2, possibly cus of the depression mainly cus i couldn't keep up with the work.i h8 ibs, because i study social anthropology i can't do it online unfortunately, i did look into that. i could study something else but not sure if i want to.joolie - i have no idea what i want to do! well, get a job at the mo but i'm not sure what i'm best to look at, esp cus i haven't been to the hosp yet and i don't know how long-term i'm looking for. pity about your daughter dropping out of school but better that than sticking it out and being miserable. has she got into dundee? i have a friend doing something arty there, seems to really enjoy it. i'm sure it'll work itself out eventually.

·
Banned
3,903 Posts
She thought she would like to become an interior designer like my wee sister..Im not sure if she has applied to dundee as we no longer communicate, adolph was a lecturer at the one of the uni's in dundee..You will find something that you want to do, just have a good think about what you wanna do before you do it, i rushed into a course in 97 which i finally came to hate.. good luck

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
well i'd happily study sa again i think but not the other stuff and i'm not sure i want the uni lifestyle. which unfortuately comes with sa. can't be faddled with all the freshers going wild cus they've finally got out of mummy and daddy's pockets. never even got that the first time round! and don't think my halls were the best place for that either..........am also worried that if i go back to the same uni i'll end up getting depressed again cus of being back there. am thinking the best way to judge that is to take a trip back there soonish and see what i feel like? what do folks think?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.