Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My IBS mainly consists of muscle spasms in the lower abdominal area and gas. I was just wondering if anyone has tried a anti-spasmatic medication that has proved to work for them. Any advice would help because I have spent way too much money as it is on medication that has not worked for me!!

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Librax is wonderful and gave me no side effects. Bentyl works great for the spasms, too, but gave me dry mouth.Each body is different and even if you do have side effects, sometimes they go away once you've taken the drug a while.Stacey

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Levsin sublingual(under the tongue) for quick relief of cramping or long-term levsin for timed relief.

·
Registered
546 Posts
i just started taking bentyl today, which is an antispasmodic. have you tried that yet? i should know in 10 days or so if it works or not. i hope it does, cuz i've been to the toilet 5 times already today with D and those oh-so-lovely loud gas sound effects. i'm at work, and i hope nobody can hear that. i get so mad at my butt for that!i miss the days of Lotronex. anyway, i'll be writing about what bentyl does for me as the days go by. -jen

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I take Levbid for pain and it works well if you take it at the first sign of pain. Side effects for me- dry mouth and sometimes my eyes feel a little dry too. Nothing bad enough to not take the Levbid though!Good luck...debbie

·
Registered
6,730 Posts
JENJEN:LOL x 2Your post reminded me of when my son was 3 years old and my IBS was really bad...he used to call my bathroom The Boom Boom Room ("Daddy, you go to Boom Boom Room again?).memories!~MNL

1 - 6 of 6 Posts