Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,I'm new to this community. I've been suffering IBS since 2000. A number of doctors repeatedly told me this was stress related and there was nothing they could do for me.This year my symtpoms worsened - daily bloating to the point I look 6+ months pregnant, along with severe constipation. It got to the point I just wasn't functioning at all anymore and I was fed up.I also experienced a number of other symptoms including severe fatigue, muscle aches and got to the point I was breaking out in skin rashes at which time I realised this had to be an allergy of some kind.I went to see a naturopath a few weeks back and she put me on a low reactive diet (cut out all dairy, gluten, preservatives, sugar, caffeine, alcohol) also put me on a course of probotics twice daily and blended me up some herb concoction I'm also drinking twice daily.I lost 4 kilos the first week (another symptom had been the impossibility of losing any weight) all of my symtpoms disappeared including the bloating! I was amazed/ecstatic etc.Week 2 and the bloating seems to have returned. I'm stumped! I'm meant to stay on this diet for another week then go back and see the naturopath but I'm now wondering if this is some sort of food allergy given that I've started bloating once again! What else could it be? I guess my question is - has anyone been on this same diet, did they get results and do the symptoms take time to go away? I've read some people say their symptoms took months to go away, others say they never did.I'm losing hope and desperate! This whole nightmare is really getting me down.Any advice/feedback would be GREATLY appreciated.Dianamillerdiana###hotmail.com

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Hello Diana! I am on a similar thing at the moment! I have cut out all foods except fruit, veg, white meat and a few other things. Did that for 2 weeks and now Im slowly introducing each food back into my dieat like milk, potatoes, butter etcSo far I have been fine I havent had any cramps or d + c and as soon as I do I will know what food caused it! I didnt believe this kinda of diet would work because I was sure it was all stress related! but the fact that all the physical pains have gone is such a massive relife! From what you have said you must of eatten or drank something that set it off! You really need to look into to the diet your on because their could still be foods your eatting that effect it! I can send you more information about the diet Im doing if your intrested, also have a look on the rest of the forum. My ibs is mainly D but sometime C so what works for me might not work for you ! so look around and Im sure you will find some answers!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Haven't had a chance to stop back by here. Pretty frustrated. Going back to see Naturopath on Saturday (was meant to go yesterday but she cancelled). Now on week 4 of my low reactive diet - has been a total roller coaster ride. Now instead of constipation, I mainly suffer diarrhoea. Started bloating again. In sheer agony/completely and utterly frustrated. I seriously don't know what else to do. Symptoms stopped for a while - now their back again!How has your diet been SarahB? Hopefully you're having more luck than I am!!!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.