Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hiback in Jan 10 I have a endoscope and colonoscopy. I remember the nurse saying to me, that I had some inflammation in the stomach.When I got the discharge notes, nothing was said about this on them. "All clear". They said the colonoscopy was clear also on the notes.In may 10, I have an other endoscopy by my consultant and he found and reported the gastritis.I am worried sick that what if they found something in my colon and Just didnt right on my notes back in Jan 10.Am I being paroid? My mum says I am. they take pics and have to report anything they see.Any help Fiona x

·
Registered
44 Posts
i had both of these tests done twice,the gi doctor said i was fine.well after the pain just kept getting worse and i went to my family doctor who looked though my test results and told me i have gastritis,and and a few other things that i needed meds for hiatal hernia,hemmroids,and he thinks ibs, while the GI doc told me i was fine and did not need to see him again he went so far as to say the problem may be in my head i now have to drive over 4 hours to the next gi doctor cant get in till end of july i hope this one can help.i would say if you are worried then go to another doc and ask him to review your results it will put your mind at ease.then find a good GI doctor you can trust ,he should have told you if anything was wrong

·
Registered
208 Posts
Thanks for your reply. On your discharge notes it didnt mention the gastritis?. but on ther letter to your GP it did?..That is terrible.Its the colonscopy I'm worried about. I am having a Ultra scan soon. I am scared I might have Crohnes, even tho my blood test have been ok. My GI consultant says that from the scan he will be able to see if any inflammation is there, and I have had repeat blood tests.Its the transverse colon I'm worried about, as it goes across my lower stomach, where my pain is, but having said that I have gastritis in my stomach. Oh I'm so confused.F x

·
Registered
6,019 Posts
Its the transverse colon I'm worried about, as it goes across my lower stomach, where my pain is, but having said that I have gastritis in my stomach. Oh I'm so confused.F x
I had gastritis morphing into D returning as GERD over many years. At the time I had no clue as to what it was or how I was going to deal with it. It seems, now, that it was all low level inflammation, but not IBD. It sounds similar to what you are undergoing. Sometimes symptoms are just awful to deal with without being particularly life threatening. Any idea how the inflammation would have started?Mark

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.