Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
776 Posts
Traveling with IBS is a problem. Use bottled water of course, even when brushing your teeth. Carry all the meds that you will need in a carryon. You are flying, I assume? Don't pack them in your luggage. Make sure that all the meds are in their original containers.Eating: avoid raw fruits and veggies. Plain rice should be safe. Avoid coffee and carbonated drinks and ask for no ice in cold drinks. Stick with bland foods. If you eat meat, chicken will probably be a good choice. TRY not to worry about an IBS attack, (better said than done, I realize). Take things easy and pace yourself. But try to make the trip. It will be worth it.

· Registered
776 Posts
quote:Originally posted by loveprague:Hi nerfmom, Thanks for the advice yes it seems I was thinking the same way, a friend is coming with me and he has what I call a cast iron stomach he still got sick travelling to Turkey when he forgot about the salad he had out in a smaller restaurant, he told me he was sure it was the water the salad was washed in that caused the problems. I like chicken but am worried about the bird flu
Gee, I forgot about the bird flu. Just be sure to stay away from raw fruit and veggies. Just a change in water can set us IBS people off, even if the water is bacteria free.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.