Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone! I recently purchased advil cold & sinus because I have a head cold and once again it relieved my LG pressure. I used it once before and it did the same thing, I dont know if it gets rid of the smell but it definately relieves the pressure. It says on the box it relieves sinus pressure. It is phenomenal! I feel so good not having that weird sensation in my anus. I posted about this here once before & just wanted to update that it still helps! The only thing is you can only purchase so much because of the meth epidemic here it is kept under lock & key.

· Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I know what you mean smelly! I would try anything as well. I dont think the advil would hurt as long as you take the directed dosage. I am going to finish off this box. I dont like to take medicine unless I have to, but it is such a relief not to have that annoying tingling sensation back there! I dont understand how in the world sinus medicine could help so much with LG????? Very strange! I am going to try to keep some advil on hand in case of emergency such as being in large crowds, etc.... I suggest you try it and see if it helps you. It is well worth $4 bucks!!! Plus who knows it may keep you from getting a head cold

· Registered
16 Posts
This is exciting news... I had a bad case of the flu awhile back and took cold medicine for it - can't remember what kind. During the time I was taking the medicine, my normal gas problem disappeared. At the time I thought it was probably a coincidence. I think I might try taking it again and see what happens.Anyone have any thoughts as to what specific ingedient in cold medicine could be helping the IBS?

· Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Spook - I am not taking the Advil right now but I do keep some on hand in case I am going to be around a lot of people.Mourning - I think it might be the pseudoephedrine that helps IBS. I posted about this once before and I listed all the ingredients in the Advil cold & sinus you may want to do a search.

· Registered
244 Posts
Does it matter if it's the non-drowsy kind?? Are you still taking it and see an improvement? Can I order it online or do you have to go to the store and show ID? I just posted a little bit ago about my Dr. finally prescibing me Xanax. I can only use it like 2 times a week so don't know if it will work or not. Mine is triggered through nerves so I'm hoping it will help somewhat. Anyways will try the Advil and see if I feel an improvement. Hope it's the nondrowsy as I can't imagine being drowsy all day!

· Registered
244 Posts
OK, I just got my Advil cold and sinus and felt like I was doing some kind of crime when they asked for ID and other things. Question is how much can you get if it is illegal to buy so many boxes? Can you get like one a month and your OK or do they start checking you out? Will use it for a few days to see if it works for LG and if it does will try to see what they expect to be normal. The clerk told me they actually turn it in to police to keep track of different stores people are buying from to make sure their not purchasing at multiple store to produce meth. Does anybody around here know how many boxes?? Thanks, it would be greatly appreciated!!

· Registered
33,934 Posts
I'm assuming if you bought the amount one would take in a month during a month even from different stores you wouldn't have to worry about police. I think most places (you'd have to check your state law) it's like 2 boxes at a time. They probably allow for families so you'd probably get 2-3 people's worth a month.Unfortunately the meth problem has gotten so bad some places that they really have to keep track of who is buying how much. Although I think all it has really done is forced the production to be outsourced to Mexico and then smuggled in rather than all areas just making their own. The toxic residue from making it is as dangerous as the drug in a lot of cases.You might see if straight Sudaphed works rather than the combos that have advil or tylenol in them. Long term use of Advil can be hard on the GI tract (although it might be the non-sudaphed ingredients that are working so you might be able to buy the other stuff without the scrutiny). Any of the versions you have to buy from the counter with an ID have sudaphed in them.K.

· Registered
33,934 Posts
PS I think this is the federal limits
quote:A. The CMEA sets daily sales limits and monthly sales and purchase limits. The CMEA sets a daily sales limit of 3.6 grams of these products to each customer, regardless of the number of transactions. The CMEA also sets monthly sales limits for mobile retail vendors (persons who sell product from movable or temporary stands or locations) and mail order distributors. The CMEA also sets a monthly purchase limit of 9 grams per customer each month. All sales and purchase limits pertain to solid and liquid forms of ephedrine, pseudoephedrine, and phenylpropanolamine products. As an example of a daily sales limit, regulated sellers may sell no more than 146 tablets of a 30mg pseudoephedrine (as hydrochloride) product per day. Detailed equivalency tables for additional strengths and dosage forms are available at www.DEAdiversion.usdoj.gov.
http://www.deadiversion.usdoj.gov/meth/q_a.htmat 30 mg per tablet (which is the usual short acting amount, not suer about the time released) is 300 tablets per month. Usually people take less than 10 per day.ETA: you may want to monitor your heart rate and blood pressure if you are taking sudafed long term. It can cause problems with heart rate and blood pressure just like meth/speed can (which is why it is the base used for that stuff after all).K.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.