Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
sorry but i cant do this anymoreall the people are calln me crazy even my parents are calln me crazybut the truth i am a smart beautiful young girl and what doctors are sayn that IBS is all in my head....so that means im crazyyyi cant do this to the people i love the most....no i cant,,,,even my fiance .... im makn him cry everytime im hurt no one understand... im afraid of myself cause all i see is darkness ,,,,im still A girl...cause recentlyy i m having a short breathing it feels like somoene is tryn to sufficate me all the time and my hands get numb and i feel like im gna drop....ur the only people that i can talk to........im just afraid of hurting myself...of course they ll be sad and heartbroken but after a while they l continue their lifes peacfully.........iwould have asked for help but i know no one can help me////Editor: Topic title changed by Jeffrey Roberts

·
Registered
9 Posts
NisreenStop thinking that way right now, I am a IBS sufferer too, I have been for most of my life , it wasn't till the last 10 years that I had a name for what I go through everyday, Don't worry what other people say and think, only you know how you feel and only you can help yourself, you need to start thinking positive that is the first step in controlling IBS so it does not control you all the time. Stress is our enemy, spent a least a half hour by yourself and relax, look up all the information you can on the internet, the more you know about IBS the better you will feel, we are all different so no ones IBS is the same as yours. I felt like you do right now but no more, I found a new doctor that is helping me, change doctors if you have to, are you on antidepressants, they do wonders for pain and how you think of yourself, and they have been proven to help IBS!! I will say it again find a new doctor, there is help out they you just need to look for it.All the best!!!Shells55

·
Registered
34,955 Posts
Please call one of the crisis resources we have posted in the Managing Anxiety and Depression forum (here is the link http://www.ibsgroup.org/forums/index.php?/topic/71753-crisis-resources/ )No you shouldn't kill yourself. I know it seems dark now, but what you feel right now is not permanent and there is hope even if you can't see it.If you think your life is hurting everyone you know, killing yourself will damage everyone you know and say you love in ways you can't imagine and most people never heal completely from having a person they are close to kill themselves.

·
Registered
5 Posts
im in the same boat with you.dont call a crisis center cuz they'll just put you in a physc hospital which means physc DRUGS with more doctors who think you are making it all up and the drugs will make your symptoms worse.

·
Registered
5 Posts
and for the mod to say "this is not permanent" let me say that is an understatement.it's more than permanent, in fact, it gets worse!!! new symptoms every day yahhh!!oh and i love how she adds the guilt threat at the end of her comment. blah blah blah suicides selfish. no, i'll tell you what is selfish, is the people who want you to just stick around and suffer. no i dont think the solution is to kill yourself...b/c then you are just giving up.should you just accept your fate to be miserable? no i dont think so either. i thinkwe just havent found the right doctors yet.oh i have more than one incurable disease btw. my life $$$$$$ing sucks an di tihnk about killing myself every day. at least you still have people in your life like a fiance and suchi haven't left my house for over 6 months. i can't be around people b/c im just too miserable and my negativity is wearing off on anyone. so i decided to stop burdening people with my presense.that way its like im dead, but they dont have to be sad and trick themselves into thinking they miss me.but really they are happier.oh yeah i have like so many symptoms its so fun. if i eat anything besides almonds rice and carrots theni have symptoms for daays and it takes a couple weeks of going back on my safety diet to get somewhat back to"normal" but the skin infections have not left for months, they are actually getting worse. that, along with looking6-7 months at the same time 24/7 does a lot for a 21 year old female's self esteem.oh and all my co workers thought i was a drugs b/c i was running to the bathroom every ten minutes. real cute.i went to the ER last night to get help and the doctor laughed in my face. granted he was just a resident it still didn't do much for my hope factor.so here i'm waiting for a referall to a gastronologist and who knows that will take, at least a few monthsand it wont be rushed with serious urgency b/c they dont take me seriously.the "professionals" that i work with in mental health all think im bipolar and need meds. every med makes me worse.in fact im on disability b/c my mental disorder is so bad.yes i'll admit i have a few screw loose and im constantly obsessing about dying but i think that if i didn't have IBS and skin problems that i would have a shot at "recovery" and it sucks i cant even drink or do drugs to escape from this hell. i'm too scared to even try to drink b/c i can't handle any food, so i thought okay what the hell and bought drugs and took them and it made everything worse so i dont even get to do thati feel you on suicide being the only option.i just have to be a mature about it and tell yoou it's not the best idea...just wait cuz ur miracle might be around the corrner. idk what caused your ibs but mine was bad karma so im screwed for life, but if u are nice to peopl emaybe you'll get better idk

·
Registered
64 Posts
No, do NOT kill yourself. Show this forum to those who think you are just making it up to prove that you aren't. Irritable bowel syndrome exists. Then find another doctor who will take your situation seriously. Before I started going to the lady I'm seeing now, I had a horrible doctor who wouldn't do anything for my situation either. The lady I go to now (a nurse practitioner) has me on Bentyl and Buspar and my situation is starting to improve a bit. Please don't just give up, I was depressed for quite some time but there are other options out there. Don't throw in the towel.

·
Registered
14,427 Posts
Bubblegut I suggest you too seek some serious help too as you seem to be distraught as well. Find yourself better Dr's. You may just not have found the right one for you yet. But be forewarned.. the most a Dr can do, after an IBS diagnosis is reached, is guide you to various treatment options. The IBS patient is the one that must try them. And it takes loads of trial & error sometimes to find what works for each of us. Most folks a combination of treatments working in concert is what works best at managing symptoms.Also once an IBS diagnosis is reached...it is pretty well established that going to the ER with IBS isn't all that effective as a means to get help with managing your symptoms.What Kathleen said was absolutely true. For many IBS'ers... IBS can go away after a time. Also.. regarding feeling like suicide is an answer... trained professionals (as in what one finds @ Crisis Contact info given) is THE way to go if one is feeling suicide is a real solution. It isn't a good option and it will destroy your friends and loved ones. And I don't believe the cause of IBS to be "bad karma". Everyone on the planet has struggles & challenges of one sort or another. And I for one know of many that are way worse than IBS.So please you two, get some serious help. Both of you (Nisreen & Bubblegut) seem to have greater problems than we can assist you with here on a public self help board at the moment. So use the numbers & contacts given (Here is the link again: http://www.ibsgroup....isis-resources/ ) to get yourselves some more immediate help.Don't ever give up... ways to manage symptoms are very possible. And please, once you are feeling a bit less in crisis, return to discover what has helped others here.

·
Registered
34,955 Posts
I said what I said because one of the thoughts that a lot of people who talk about suicide here say is everyone will be so much better off and much happier once I'm dead.I have never met anyone who was dating, married to, engaged to, a friend of, or a family member of someone who committed suicide talk about how glad they are the person finally offed themselves and the best day of their life was going to that person's funeral. Everyone is always devastated and haunted by that event for a very long time and most people are never quite the same. They may heal with time, but there is always a scar.If all your friends are joyful about the people they know committing suicide, it is time from some new friends, really.IBS does not always get worse. It does for some people. Even if the IBS never goes away your emotional state is not permanent. I've met a few people who have survived a suicide attempt (that happened before I met htem) and all of them say they have different emotions today than they did at that dark moment. It can take a lot of healing to get over it, but the darkness comes and goes. Death is permanent, emotional states are not.

·
Banned
39 Posts
I said what I said because one of the thoughts that a lot of people who talk about suicide here say is everyone will be so much better off and much happier once I'm dead.I have never met anyone who was dating, married to, engaged to, a friend of, or a family member of someone who committed suicide talk about how glad they are the person finally offed themselves and the best day of their life was going to that person's funeral. Everyone is always devastated and haunted by that event for a very long time and most people are never quite the same. They may heal with time, but there is always a scar.If all your friends are joyful about the people they know committing suicide, it is time from some new friends, really.IBS does not always get worse. It does for some people. Even if the IBS never goes away your emotional state is not permanent. I've met a few people who have survived a suicide attempt (that happened before I met htem) and all of them say they have different emotions today than they did at that dark moment. It can take a lot of healing to get over it, but the darkness comes and goes. Death is permanent, emotional states are not.
I hear you and have thought the same. I can't deal withtis any longer. I'm fighting a UTI infection and IBS. Have to strain all te time to feel better to get BMS out. When I strain by bladder feels like coming out and makes my UTI worse. Life over for me too I guess.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
im so sorry about what i said earlier.... god when i read them i couldnt believe i wrote them....but i was so angry and depressed,,, and i needed someone to talk to and as lomg as i cant they them o the people i love,,, i just wrote them here...and i felt better once i did,,,nooo i say that someties but the truth is that i fear god and i will never kill or even hurt myself sometimes when im pain i wish i would rest...but no i would never do that.... never ,,,, i love my fiance soooo muchhhhh ..... i truley did i just when i see him cryn when he sees me sick it kills me...... but i cant leave him,,... and i will never will and now that im almost done with my treatment for bacteria that i have im feeling better but scared about the futurr,,,,,,thanks for ur help....i know god is going to help me.....thank you alllll

·
Registered
253 Posts
Please, please do not kill yourself. I understand how rude doctors can be and uncaring when we suffer so very much!!!! All the antidepressants out there made my diarrhea and gut much WORSE except for Zyprexa. I had to cut this anti-psychotic into quarters and take it at night. It DID keep me from ending my life and slowed the D when I had diarrhea so badly that I could not leave my home, my family was ruined, my job nearly gone, my health insurance terminated, my friends nonexistent except for this board and the internet. There is hope. I was told I was hopeless. I had lost 35 percent of my body weight and tried so many GI drugs. All of them did NOTHING. Then an ND found I was loaded with toxins and bacteria on a live blood analysis - alternative medicine. I went back to the MD (Nice guy) and asked for Tetracycline since I knew it was used for bowel conditions and could KILL the bacteria. I also knew it would NOT give me a bad reaction. IT WORKED! It took six months to finally stop the horrible D but I have a life back after two years stuck at home. I also found a really good GI doctor and my PCP is kind as well. Please find a doctor who believes you. If you really think you might end your life, you DO need to go to the hospital. I hate to say it but maybe letting them see how bad your D is will make someone believe you. Oh, my mom (I'm fifty) still thinks I am making ALL this up. Let it go. Some people either do NOT want to "get it" or just don't want to deal with it because THEY have no control and cannot fix it. Let's face it, if you look OK - you must BE OK. . . not so. ( HUG ) and a hand to help you get up and go on. Find a doctor who believes you, loves you and wants to help you.

·
Registered
28 Posts
[quote name='Hester' timestamp='1280319957' post='800985']There is hope. I was told I was hopeless. I had lost 35 percent of my body weight and tried so many GI drugs. All of them did NOTHING. Then an ND found I was loaded with toxins and bacteria on a live blood analysis - alternative medicine.Hester, What exactly was the live blood analysis? Do you suggest other sufferers to try it?

·
Registered
253 Posts
I do NOT think that alternative medicine should ever totally replace western medicine. The Live Blood Cell Analysis uses a Black Spectrometry (sp) Microscope to look at whole live blood on a large screen. It is read by an ND who usually specializes and has been trained to read the five to six page analysis and all of its components and recommend dietary and supplement changes. I used it because I "felt" loaded with bacteria that for whatever reason was NOT showing up on standard labs. Most Western MDs think this stuff is garbage. I found it helpful because it clued me in that my blood was loaded with bacteria and my white cells were not responding. My GI doctor who is a very easy going nice guy was always willing to try anything to make me better as long as he did not feel I would cause myself harm. I asked for an antibiotic to kill whatever was in the blood. My guess was that it was a non-infectious version of or overgrowth of e-coli (good flora) and my body simply did not recognize it as having moved into a pathogenic state. The Tetracycline basically cured me. I am still far from perfect but the combination of the two doctors one an MD and one an ND have worked well for me. I am very lucky the MD was willing to go ahead with MY thoughts. The ND only recommended a cleanse which I was too sick at the time to even try. . . I do now cleanse with chinese tea periodically to clean out my bowel and then I repopulate with probotics. Hope this answered your question.

·
Registered
6,019 Posts
I fought D on an everyday basis and lost for 10 years. As things kept getting worse, suicide seemed more and more desirable. One day I decided to try a supplement to keep me from having to use Lipitor for my cholesterol. My D wound down to something within the "normal" range and has stayed there for over 10 years. My cholesterol count eventually dropped into the low range. Things have turned around completely with a number of chronic complaints with supplements, alone. I see the doctor only for my annual physical. I would not have traded the past 10 years for that quick exit. Mark

·
Registered
2 Posts
Greetings,Fortunately, I do not suffer from IBS or other gastro-intestinal disorders. I married a wonderful man with this horrible problem. From the perspective of a family member, it can be terribly overwhelming to see someone you love doubled over in pain with tears streaming from their eyes. There is a terrible feeling of helplessness. I cannot imagine how much more so it must be for a parent. Not to dwell on the negative... I was making a point that the family does indeed suffer along with the person in pain. When your loved ones hurt you hurt and want to make it better.I have been party to all the doctor visits, colonoscopies, endoscopies and various tests over the years. I started reading everything I could find on IBS in order to help tackle this problem that was affecting my loved one. For the past decade through trial and error we have worked out a diet that has almost completely alleviated all the symptoms my husband has. He has no medications available as his type alternates between IBS-C and IBS-D. Whatever he uses to treat one problem invariably causes the other extreme to flare up. It has been a long struggle, but I want to encourage anyone suffering from IBS or a similar condition to stick it out. A breakthrough is possible.I have kept a journal of the foods that trigger an episode in him... granted this isn't 100% infallible because it seems that foods that trigger a reaction one day may be safe to eat the next. STRESS is a huge factor. If we get behind on the bills or have some other stressful event pop up, it doesn't matter what he eats or doesn't eat as anything seems to trigger an episode. He lost his job shortly after we were engaged due to absenteeism and tardiness at work... which stressed him out and the IBS became a vicious cycle. Talk about a downward spiral.What has worked in his case is to eliminate sodas, cocoa, chocolate, dairy, pork, foods with nitrates or nitrites, raw onions and eggs. Limiting fried foods and tomatoes was also a plus. I have found a way to modify almost all the recipes for the foods he enjoys so that his diet isn't as bleak. I highly recommend the Tofutti line of products for replacing dairy. I love their "ice cream" so much that I will buy it instead of regular ice cream for myself... and I can eat road kill without stomach upset.
What triggers an episode in one person may not in others, but we have found that diet goes a long, long way to reducing (and practically eliminating) the occurrence of episodes. He also began to break up his meals into many smaller "mini-meals" throughout the day. It has been about 6mo since he had any type of episode... usually these are caused by eating out or eating at another family members house who may not have exactly followed the guide we have for his restrictions... "yes... just a little of _____ will hurt"… a little chocolate, a little milk... you get the idea.Suicide is such a final answer for a problem to which there is a cure... we just have to persevere and continue the search for it. If one quack of a doctor won't help, find another who will listen. They are still out there. University of North Carolina Center for Functional GI & Motility Disorders (http://www.med.unc.edu/ibs) is researching and working toward a cure... they have a plethora of information and listings of doctors who are trained in this area of expertise.Surround yourself with friends... even if it's only in cyberspace... who will help you to stay positive and not beat you up for something that isn't your fault.

·
Registered
16 Posts
As an IBS victim AND someone who suffers Anxiety Disorder also , I can sympathize with how you feel Nisreen.Please remember something though:You CAN control all this!!! I have been actively getting psychiatric help for quite some time , and despite the fact I am not currently on any medication, I take comfort in knowing that I have someone that I can talk to and get professional unbiased help from. Believe me , it will do wonders for you. Talk to someone about Holistic therapy....Yoga has DRASTICALLY minimized the episodes of anxiety I've had....Oh and by the way , those sensations of you feeling suffocated and your hands going numb? Yeah , that's you actually hyperventilating from panic. It's no fun , but that is actually your body's 'fight or flight' response working. If you need to lose weight , DO IT NOW. That will make a big difference in how your guts are feeling and how you feel in spirit as well. When you look and feel good , you're generally going to be happier and feel better about your life as a whole.You have people who love you and care about you , and despite our differences in age , gender , race and location , we are all on this forum for the same reason. We all go through the same symptoms and troubles and worries , and we are all here to support one another. Vent if you must , rant , ask questions. Do whatever you need to do to confront these feelings , but just remember - you are not alone :)xo

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.