Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
where my sonw as up half the night feeling sick with it- couldnt get off the loo- and reaching his lowest ebb after years of daily bouts of d- he felt like comminting suicide.the next morning i went off to get calcium, vitamin b, omega oils (he has tourettes so he needs these aswell) last night he drank a whole cup of fibogel- that seems to ahve helped him today because he certianly hasnt been like he was last night- it was horrendousand the worry for me- just the pits-i spoke to him and said we had to drastically cut out sugar and had to cut out bread- the two together have been horrendousnow he is totally different attitude- today he has ha little to eat and just now a small plate of grilled lamb and some red pepper and onion.i have bought 800mg capsules of calcium- is this to be taken three times a day or what?im not sure how much i give hm- i know he ha to have it three times a day= but what dose?bearing in mind he is a big fourteen year old and this is unlikely to work anyway so i want to go as maximum as i can- i didnt get magnesium with it (perhaps thats why it didnt work when i last tried it- ill have a lood at the old pot if i have it still)he has also been pampered all day- and the bed is in front of tv for him to get cozy in two layers of duvets and plenty of DVDS to watch- including a sci fi- whih we likeim hoping for a brighter few days!will continue on with the fibogel- especilally if calcium can bind- i dont want him unable to go to the loo any more than i want him not to stop goinga lot has been said today that has ever been said and he feels he will have this for rest of his life- but im hoping he is generally quite healthy slo we can still be thankfull for small mercies- and have to be thankful w havent got anthing elseim also going to work like crazy to give him as much reiki as possible- but this will be distantly as he doesnt want my hands on him- beside hell get too hot and hell want to do things.i myself am cutting out suga to support him in his healthier eating- its no good me diving into the kitchen every now and then to scoff on a load of refined sugar - then i moan about having no energy- what a viscious nasty cycle sugar addiction can be- i am sweating at the moment- and i have had sugar today- im not even cold turkeying- but i think i may have temperature aswell- i have not been so stupid as to eat chocolate bars all day so the coming off f sugar will be hard but it souldnt be too bad- just have to get through three daysi find three day periods are always miles stones- its always three days for tings to work out of system. i am hoping i get strong and continue to refrain from sugar foods as its ruining my life- i love sugar- but its bad- this week ive been waking u soaking wet with comlete body sweat- this has got to be sugar- but it will improve- im quite healthy- have just abused myself with sugar- i hope once i gain some equilibrium i dont forget what its like to be chained to sugar and i dont start it up again- i will need to stay off it always-or keep it to vey low amounts-just thought of something - i was cold earlier and ut the heating on- this cold have something to do with my sudden sweat just now- but cant account for nights

·
Registered
14,427 Posts
i have bought 800mg capsules of calcium- is this to be taken three times a day or what?im not sure how much i give hm- i know he ha to have it three times a day= but what dose?bearing in mind he is a big fourteen year old and this is unlikely to work anyway so i want to go as maximum as i can- i didnt get magnesium with it (perhaps thats why it didnt work when i last tried it- ill have a lood at the old pot if i have it still)
Please read Linda's Calcium Thread it is thumbtacked to the top of the page on this forum.If you can't find it. Here:http://www.ibsgroup.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=72764 Read the first post nd the dosage info is right there.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.