Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had my gallbladder out in jul 99 and have been ill since then. It seems that every time i eat too much fat, like fried foods or something heavy like a big meal, i get really ill. I have stomach pain, and severe diahhrea, with floating poop and oily looking spots and severe nausea. i was told that you have to modify your eating habits after having this surgery but i've talked to some people and they haven't changed a thing. i've had a very bad spell this weekend with chills, shaking, diahhrea all day saturday, nausea, and vomiting. i had fried frish, fried okra and hush puppies for lunch on friday. that must have done it cause saturday morning at 6:30 i woke up very ill. guess i'm back to oatmeal. ugh, i hate this. has anybody had problems like this after having their gallbladder out??? I mean it's been 2 years now and I still can't eat fat.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Hi genny. I have some of the same symptoms that you have. However I never had any D after gallbaldder surgery. I had mine removed in 2000. I had pain, light colored stool that was hard to flush down the toliet, vomit, pain and nausia, after eating higher fat food, or lettuce. Ever since I had my ERCP done in October, I have felt a world better. The doctor cut the sphincter and dilated a stricture. I have not had any of the symptoms since the surgery was done. I'm starting to feel normal again, now I just hope it stays that way.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.