Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i guess you properly get idiots like me comming on all the time anyway i'll fill you in with my storysaturday night around 7pm (sat just gone so 1st may) i started having really bad diarrhoea, it last well into the night and i was having to go between every 15mins and 30mins sometimes i was lucky and it was just 30mins to 1 hour, it got so bad that id get out of bed and it would just slide out of me and onto the floor (im very lucky i have a very understand man who loves me cause otherwise i would of been tottaly embrassed!!) and twice whilst i was asleep id leaked a little bit, anyway come sunday during the day i was in and out of consiousness all day, was throwing up, miragine everything, we couldnt work out why it was me as i dont really go out and id eaten the same as my partner. anyway we later thought i might have a stomach bug untill my dad said to me as we couldnt work out why i was ill and everyone else wasnt and he said did i wash my hands after id cleaned the degus out .. erm nope i didnt.anyway onto monday and maybe every hour today ive gone to the loo about 4/5times each hour what makes me go is that im getting a horrible like contraction pain before hand at the top of my belly and it hurts like hell (hey i should know ive 2 kids right!!) and im gagging at the pain wanting to throw up, my stools are still very watery but it got to the point yesterday morning where there was blood in them but now there still kinda lumpy but still very watery, ive tottaly gone off my food im so scared of eating right now its unreal i had to force my dinner down me!anyway so im thinking my little bug may of coursed some post infectious ibs (i had a little looky on google) .. could maybe someone tell me if this sounds like it to them im ringin my doctors up in the morning to book an apptment for asap!!thank you to anyone who might have some advice for mein the mean time is there anything i should avoid eating or drinking everything seems to hurt apart from dried toast thanks in advance x

·
Registered
34,955 Posts
A GI infection can cause symptoms for up to 10 days on its own and can cause a bit of a sensitive colon for up to 4-6 weeks afterward.Usually they don't start calling it PI-IBS until you've had symptoms for at least 6 weeks (don't have to be every day) over a span of 6 months.Generally for a GI infection (during that 1-10 day span)Clear fluids until you aren't throwing up anymore. (jello, broth, tea, drinks rehydration fluids)then addCloudy fluids (cream of soups and pudding as well as milk and yogurt as long as you tolerate milk)Then you can move onto a BRAT diet (bananas, rice, applesauce, toast)Then if you tolerate that OK for a few meals then move back to a regular diet but avoid greasy, fried foods or highly spiced foods if they bother you at first. May want to limit alcohol and caffeine as well.If starting the next stage gets the symptoms going really bad again, the drop back a level until you feel better.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ahh i see, yesterday i manged some toast and a sandwhich but 1st slice was around 8am then 2nd slice around 8pm then i had a sandwhich around 2 hours later.today ive tried all sorts had a cuppa soup etc and for dinner i had colliflour, broccolli, peas with cheese sasuce and chicken and im just in so much pain today,so thanks for the advice ill try them products x

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.