Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner

after the colonoscopy

458 views 8 replies 3 participants last post by  jane54 
#1 ·
Just a quick question for everyone. I had my colonoscopy yesterday and everything went fine. They told me I have a few irritated spots but to up my fiber and see them in 10 years. My question is, my stomach still hurts and I am still having a small bit of diarrhea. Is this normal, or is it the quick return of my IBS? The pain is like waves of contractions(like Braxton Hicks contractions when your pregnant)that come and go. Should I call the docs back or wait awhile and see what happens?

#5 ·
JANE54: So if they find only a few irritated spots all is OK?Sherbie: I have my test tomorrow but was led to believe it was no big deal afterward. I have a 1 year old that weighs 30 pounds. Will I need help with him? A 4 year old too, but he's content with Thomas videos when I'm busy. What kind of pain are we talking about the following day?

#4 ·
JANE54: So if they find only a few irritated spots all is OK?Sherbie: I have my test tomorrow but was led to believe it was no big deal afterward. I have a 1 year old that weighs 30 pounds. Will I need help with him? A 4 year old too, but he's content with Thomas videos when I'm busy. What kind of pain are we talking about the following day?

#7 ·
The doctor told my husband(I WAS STILL OUT) that he only found a few irritated spots that eating more fiber would help and that he would see me in 10 years. Don't worry about the test. I was TOTALLY out and didn't feel or remember a thing. My pain is more like menstrual cramps, comes and goes. Be prepared to be hungry. I think I have eaten everything in site! Good Luck, you will be fine!

#6 ·
The doctor told my husband(I WAS STILL OUT) that he only found a few irritated spots that eating more fiber would help and that he would see me in 10 years. Don't worry about the test. I was TOTALLY out and didn't feel or remember a thing. My pain is more like menstrual cramps, comes and goes. Be prepared to be hungry. I think I have eaten everything in site! Good Luck, you will be fine!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.