Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I never ever get period pains but today I feel like I am going to explode. Today is worse than any IBS attack I have had; and believe me they are REALLY painful.My stomach is killing me, it's like I'm trying to move a clot or something, but nothing is letting me. I want to lie down but I have heard that lying down with period pain can sometimes make it worse. Last time I had pain this bad, I ended up in the ER but that was mainly due to IBS attack (so I thought) and I was passing clots as big as your fist.I really don't want to go to the ER again, as I spend all day there and discover nothing. Oh please help me..this is agony.MD's Gal.

·
Registered
4 Posts
hey i am going through the same thing right this very moment...i take midol for the period pain and it seems to subside the ibs pain as well...dont know how much this will helpPuNky

·
Registered
153 Posts
I feel for you, I really do. I have endometriosis, and I have gone through absolutely terrible periods. I'm sorry I didn't respond sooner to give you my support, but at least by now, you should be much better (I hope!).

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi guys, thanks for your support. I don't mind that it was a late reply from you christy, i just hope that this month isn't as bad....maybe i am destined to spend my life in pain....grrrr....but i'm OK now

·
Registered
153 Posts
when i had my first cyst, it was the size of a grapefruit and it burst on it's own. they said it was like mild labor pains. if that was mild, then i don't want to have kids. anyway, i feel your pain. i've been on the pill for 9 years now, and although i still get cramps, they are not as bad. i hope things get better for you.karen

·
Registered
45 Posts
MD's Gal, Next time that happens (although for your sake I hope it doesn't) trying sitting down with a heating pad on your abdomen. It's supposed to help the pain and clotting. Anything is worth a try at least once. Good Luck and feel better.Debra.

·
Registered
130 Posts
My doctor put me on the pill for cramps and clotting, I had probs with the first pill(Lo-Ovral) I was on it gave me high bp and my acne got uncontrollable. On my next visit I told her and she put me on Orthotricyclen-lo pimples cleared up, clots got smaller but still get them sometimes and the cramps still as bad as ever.So she gave me Cellebrex-many times it's used for arthritis but also helps cramps that helps me alot, and you only really need to take it once a day. I used to take Anaprox prescribed by another doc, but this doc said that Anaprox is good but it needs to consistently be taken and build up in your system to get any relief, so that's why taking it once a month for a week didn't really help. This stuff is good also ThermaCare heat patches work too.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I take Celebrex too. I take it in conjunction with tylenol. And I use a heating pad. Those are the only things I've found to work.Good luck.

·
Registered
153 Posts
I hope you aren't destined to be in pain. That's the stand I take on life. It's difficult knowing that I will always be in pain, and I don't always cope well. I pray that it's different for you. I have no way of escaping from the pain. Let's hope your periods will be easy on you.
Are you on any medication such as birth control?

·
Registered
38 Posts
I have IBS and it gets unbearable when I get my period. I usually get severe cramps where I can't seem to do anything to get comfortable. I used to wake up in the middle of the night with them. I avoided that by starting to take advil 3 or 4 days before my period. But the cramps were still bad when i was awake. I take midol now, a heating pad, and I've found that a long hot shower helps too. I don't know why. But it does. Hope this will be helpful.Floridagrl

·
Registered
192 Posts
I've had that kind of pain too. :/ ( Thankfully I've never had an issue with clots that big. )I hope you feel better soon.
(If you haven't tried taking 3 extra strength tylenol you should,it works sometimes, so does sipping on water.)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts