Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Help me. Honestly, I can't take this anymore. AS of now, NONE of my jeans fit me. I just seemed to have blown up. I'm kind of scared. Is this normal? Its not just aroung my tummy that I have blown up, it is everywhere..does this have anything to do with retaining water and does anyone else experience this. I can't go out tonight and ironically, it is one of those days where my stomach is feeling half decent. HELP! I feel very alone in this. I am only 17 years old and I want to be out having FUN and being a TEENAGER....Melissa

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Mel, so sorry to hear of your condition. I used to bloat but not quite that badly. Now, none of my pants fit 'cause I'm way too thin. I am sure that you will find others here who can definitely relate to your situation!

·
Registered
6,922 Posts
Yes, Melissa, I get the dreaded bloat also, sometimes worse than others. It gets bad around my period. I also do get water retention if I eat too many salty foods, so if you were eating salted nuts and chips and stuff over the weekend that might contribute to it also. Soy sauce will get to me within hours.You might want to weight yourself in the morning and then later in the afternoon when you're bloating and keep track of it to tell your doctor. I've hear too much of a weight gain due to water retention could be an indicator of other health problems, but I've never looked into it.Good luck! I know how uncomfortable you are. I'm sitting here with my jeans unbuttoned. No fun.Jean------------------"Never let the fear of striking out get in your way." Babe Ruth. And I'm also Praying with Bettie for a cure for this NASTY IBS! Jean

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Melissa,Honey, I'm so sorry you're feeling bad, and I hope you get to feeling better soon.Probably, the last thing you want to hear is something funny---but I'll tell you anyway...I wear elastic waist pants---size 12 fits, but a size 14 feels so good, I buy a size 16.....Hope this doesn't offend you.Hope you feel better soon!!!------------------LET'S ALL PRAY FOR A CURE TO THIS IBS SOON!BETTIE

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
To the top for help for Melissa.....------------------LET'S ALL PRAY FOR A CURE TO THIS IBS SOON!BETTIE

·
Registered
2,194 Posts
Mel - awful isn't it? Sorry you're feeling so discouraged. I used to be quite bloated too but since starting the Caltrate Plus I've noticed the bloating has just about disappeared. Some of my pants that didn't fit for awhile now fit again - for example my fav black slacks - I was sulking for awhile there about that. Now, since Christmas and my over-indulgence of various things, I notice that I'm a bit bloated again. Guess this nonsense comes and goes. Rotten eh? I hope you soon feel better.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I've had IBS so long that I have pants in size 3 to 8. I should be a 5/6. Elastic is the best but I don't know if you would want to wear that kind! I went through my teen years with IBS. I found a great husband and had 4 children. Keep up your spirits, life goes on....

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Try the elastic waist pants, just get shirts that cover up the waist. try the herbal remedies, too. I think you would find help from enzymes. start with a small amount and increase. Beano and Gasx helpedmy bloating a lot. also reduce your added salt intake *I got sick with another condition when I was barely 18, and I know how different you feel from other people, and how hard it is to miss out on life. It really is sad, but you will learn who your true friends are,and how to be a strong person which is something we all learn at some point anyway.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Aside from trying Caltrate, maybe you should reduce your fiber intake or change types of fiber (I don't remember how much you are taking now) Avoid all carbonated drinks. I stopped drinking all soda except ginger ale and some clear sodas once in a while. If you are not already doing this, you should eat slowly, and don't talk or rush around while you are eating. This causes you to swallow too much air. Stay in a relaxed state of mind well before and long after you eat. This should reduce some of the bloating.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.