Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So lately I've gone from IBS-C to watery diarrhea. Not sure why but I do suspect a Candida infection. I am seeing the dr. tomorrow - but - today I had BRIGHT GREEN DIARRHEA. what on earth does this mean?? I have felt awfully nauseated since I got up. And when I say it's green, I mean 4-leaf clover green, magic marker green and no, I haven't eaten any green food recently. Ideas?

·
Registered
391 Posts
So lately I've gone from IBS-C to watery diarrhea. Not sure why but I do suspect a Candida infection. I am seeing the dr. tomorrow - but - today I had BRIGHT GREEN DIARRHEA. what on earth does this mean?? I have felt awfully nauseated since I got up. And when I say it's green, I mean 4-leaf clover green, magic marker green and no, I haven't eaten any green food recently. Ideas?
It's something to do with the bile, I think.

·
Registered
34,955 Posts
Have you eaten anything with any other artificial color?Certain purple dyes are one color known for turning bright grass green with the pH changes in the gut, but I don't know if they are the only ones that can change color.Bile starts off yellow or green and the stool when it enters the colon is usually yellow or green from the color in the bile (most of the left over food/fiber is kind of a dull beige without it).The color is changed from green/yellow to brown by bacteria in the colon and it takes some time. If your diarrhea is moving faster than the bacteria can change the color it comes out of the colon the same color it was when it went in rather than coming out brown.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.