Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Even If I drink one or two wine coolers, or beer, or wine. Alcohol just makes me feel bad, usually that night or nxt day, and lasts a couple of days not feeling well. I've been drinking water and I'm feeling much better, I know it's boring, especially on wknd's, but I"d rather feel good. My husband is drinking beer, and I'm drinking water while we are fishing on the wknd, but oh well, that's just the way it is....Cannot enjoy Alcohol with my IBS.....

·
Registered
10 Posts
Alcohol sends my IBS into high gear, so it's one of those things I have learned to live without. My husband completely understands and doesn't think it boring at all. As a matter of fact, he's so used to it that he just called and said that he thought about stopping by for a bottle of wine and having drinks on the patio after work while we watched the puppy play, and did I want to run through anywhere and get something I could drink. He doesn't mind drinking alone, LOL. More for him! When I'm in social situations where people are drinking I opt for a diet soft-drink or something and if I'm asked I just say it's too hard on the tummy. More people understand than I used to think.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.