Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
1,270 Posts
Nope Nope...My IBS is not in my head... that would be the wrong end....
Seriously, some good information here as usual. I believe any weak spot in the body will be made worse by negative thinking and stress. I don't understand the totatl chemcial reactions that take place but I know that they do.And sometimes I believe it is our deepest fears that control our bodies and we don't always even know what they are. I believe that they are buried very deep and not at the surface to jump out at us. My Dr. puts it like this...somtimes you have to get out of your bubble and stop thinking that things will happen; learn to stop the viscious cycle that we can fall into without realizing it and then when we do realize it we don't always know how to get out of it.

· Registered
1,270 Posts
Hi Mike,The Dr. who said to this to me last week; well I am not sure what he is admiring other than himself! Very ironic that you should say what you have based on his quote. My husband and I were both were saying the exact same things after we both had a consult with him last Thursday.Here's the deal with this Dr. He is one of those who appears to get irritated and wants to place a patient in a category if they start questioning or taking control for their own well being. That very condensending attitude begins to set in.I went to him last week for a consult and an exam because my gastro found a bump on my cecum during a colonoscopy. Something that is pressing on the colon from outside the colon. Possibly an ovarian problem. So after the colonoscopy I scheduled a time to see my gynecologist and first had a consult with him to let him know what was going on with me etc. He acted very "smug" about the whole thing and said things that made no sense at all and was talking from both sides of his mouth. And during the conversation he was even trying to degrade my gastro for wanting the CT scan that he ordered. He said things like oh your Dr. must like x-rays. He actually said to me well you know he is looking for tumor but I am sure he did not tell you that because he didn't want to worry you. My eyes just got very large when I glared at him and I said to him well you don't even know my gastro nor have you consulted with him to know what he is thinking.He tried to hint that perhaps at times I do get myself in a bubble-like state because I do worry from time to time about lymphoma because my mom died from lymphoma when I was young. Anyway, this was all after my gastro told me that he thinks the bump might be caused by lymph nodes, a looped bowel, an ovary problem, or an appendix problem etc. He ordered a CT scan to find out what is going on. While I waited for the CT scan I made the appointment with my gynecologist. I also had him draw blood for the CA135 test and he said the only reason he would do it was to get me past the worry... So be it... I was satisfied with that ... I don't care ... I wanted the test.I think it is natural for anyone going through diagnostic testing to exhibit some type of anxiety. He and I talked about that ... he never said that I had anxiety about the issues at hand but I almost resented what he said about the bubble. I don't live in a bubble and most people have to find a happy medium between the bubble and non-bubble that he was talking about.It is like when your kid is sick and you run them to the Dr. Well they didn't really need to go. Or the time that your kid gets sick and you don't run to the Dr. and then they should have gone sooner. Sometimes you are damned if you do and damned if you don't.I resent the professional who makes blatent statements like that to make himself appear as though he is in charge and you are not...The more I thought about the whole visit and the whole conversation I decided that he is not really for me and it might be time to find a new gynecologist. After the exam he tells me...oh it is probably good you are having the CT scan! At that point I didn't really care what he said to me.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.