Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

· Banned
987 Posts
Douglas, I dunno, you sound pretty tired of that "mild" pain.You know, after a while anything, even mild(?), can wear you out.I'm wondering what you call mild.Before my surgeries the medical professionals would always ask me to rate my pain.1 being your best and least painful day and 10 being the oh my gosh worst.I kept saysing oh, I don't know somewhere around 6 or 7.Well, it wasn't unitl I had my surgeries that I realized that what I had been living with and coping with as maybe 5, 6 or 7 pain was really about 9 or 10 by regular standards and when I got to the place of what I was thinking might be a 9 or 10 was probably actually about a 15 because my gut was dying and I was getting ready to have emergency surgery.So perspective of ones pain often becomes distorted when we live with it day after day.At some point the old endorphins kick in and then we get up and go do a bit of living life in our up zones.Heck, I rode horses in severe pain.I rode green young horses in severe pain.It's no wonder that when my arabian broke my toe when he was being a jerk and stepped on me that I got a little dizzy and sat down for a moment and then I dusted my self off and got on his back and rode him through an hour of disciplined boring ring work which he hated so he could ponder his unruly sins.It was only my endorphins that kept me going.I didn't know that at the time though.But I know it now. I known it in retrospect because now I have decent pain control.Endorphins. they are some amazing stuff.So Douglas, I think what ever is going on with you is pretty real.I know you are worried abuot disease and physical malady. It's valid cause for worry.But you know, on the up side, you are on the road of diagnosis.You are further along than you were when you bagan your journey.For some of us it takes a long and frustrating time but the search and the push to find our individual answers is well worth the effort when one day we finally really do KNOW.And yes, that day does come.Your probelms and pain are valid and real and important because they are your problems and your pain and they bother you.Diagnosis takes a lot of time. Too much time in my opinion.If we're lucky we run across a brilliant diagnostics person and we get to the answer in a few months.It is a slow process.So while continuing on the search for the answer that will tell you about what is going on with your body, talk to which ever doctor you find to be the most understanding and begin somewhere step by step bit by bit one day at a time.Who knows, maybe when one thing gets relieved maybe the rest of the diagnosis can become clear.Keep on your quest for wholeness and help and take the little answers one at a time.Hang in There!Hugs and Hope,Kamie

· Banned
987 Posts
Douglas, I've never had a bad overgrowth problem but I have heard a lot of people who had them says they are a tough critter to smush out.I had a body therapy business and I saw lots and lots of sick folks. A lot with the overgrowth thing going on who wre looking for alternative therapies and such. So I only have the information that was repeated to me from my clients.Years, AEONS ago I had the woman yeast thing going on.I did a acidophilous/probiotic thing with some other herbal stuff for a year and never had the problem again.Since you have that tongue thing going onIt bears a visit to maybe another doctor to let your mind rest.OBVIOUSLY you are not feeling cared for or heard with the present mode of operation regarding your health.Sometimes we sit still and let the Doctor run his/her course. But then at some point if we feel unhappy and uncomfortable enough it then becomes time fo another evaluation from a new sourse.And a new source after that and even again, if you don't feel tended.As many times as need be until someone gets it right.you know Douglas, if any of the many of us here were on some wretched diet and getting no relief I'd venture a guess here that our bellies might feel bad too.Personally, nothing makes me madder and hissy fit prone than not being heard by the medical professional and not getting good solid answers I could believe in.You know, you really do owe it to yourself and your loved ones to ferret out some new medical guidance here.You sound so frustrated.I HEAR you.We've all been there.Let us know if you decide to get another new opinion.Take Care and Hang in There,Kamie

· Banned
987 Posts
quote:. Then I was still eating Luna bars...two a day and after drinking a glass of soymilk and being sick for two days, I gave up the Luna bars too as they are full of soy. ________________________________Oh Kari, you poor thing! I did my self in on those horrible Soy foods too.What a disaster.Are you feeing better now?No soy for this Missy either.Kamie

· Banned
987 Posts
Hey Douglas I'm with Kari on that Candida/yeast thing. Lots of ill in the world caused by that stuff.You might want to ask a pharmacist if probiotics are compatable with the diet and meds you are on.Oh who knows whats up with doctors.getting matters tended is a big ol stinky frustrating slow moving drag.We must feel pretty bad to put up with the whole mess of it (LOL) Pretty sad don't you think?But alas our ailments have brought us to this place where we are forced to stand up for ourselves and get nosey and ask questions and say no more when they torture us too bad.My husband has started coming with me to my doctors appointments because he's still mad about all the garbage I had to endure regarding my illness.Ya know what, Doctors are a little bit different when two people show up.(better)What a phenomena.Kamie

· Banned
987 Posts
Oh by the way Kari, after the last time I did my self in BIG TIME with the ever wonderful and health giving SOYI had to find a surgeon and go get a HYSTERECTOMY.Me too. The damage appears to be a rather permanent condition.So much for livin the lifestyle and eating healty.YEA!Kamie

· Banned
987 Posts
By the way Douglas, that little incident I had with Soy....well that was another one of those instances in life where I get TOLD even today by the infinately more wise than me, that I don't know spit about soy and my "condition" was ALL IN MY MISINFORMED HEAD..........Yeh yeh talk to the Colon.The Uterus retired and got tossed in the trash.Well, at least the Bladder is still in Business.So hang in there.Kamie

· Banned
987 Posts
WOW Michael, That was quite a statement!I was talking about MY POST that I,me, myself and.....I.....Posted about my husbands pre-cancer condition.And so I wrote............"Hey Mike where are YOU when I need you" because it was a hard an frustrating day.And I thought heck, ol Mikee is doing a heck of a job researchin and researchin and researchin here for Doug and well,I guess I was just hopin that maybe, just maybe some one whose so good at RESEARCH just might.....oh well whatever. Hey but that's cool.you think what you want and I'll think what I want no matter how misguided and idiodic any one may decide that I am because it's all up to the colon anyway and we ALL know there's no real accounting for colons and their counterpartsOr we wouldn't still be moaning and groaning on the toilet.SPECULATION......the things discoveries are made of..........Glad to see you are keepin up on thingsand boy howdy, that was some good speech.So hey, not to worry.I've got it under control so I suppose I don't need no more of the "proinflammtory" whateversSorry to be a bother.LaterKamie

· Banned
987 Posts
I like your post kamie and the ratings of pain__________________________________________________Thanks Jamie, it's nice to know someone likes the idiocy that fall out my mouth.what's that they say, laugh at yourself andlife's a comedy in the belly button?Or some such nonsense.ThanksKamie

· Banned
987 Posts
Mike, here's what I posted w/ hope.________________________________Topic: Pre-Cancer Polyp Question kamie Senior Member Member # 14658 posted 10-08-2002 07:15 PM --------------------------------------------------------------------------------Hi Everyone,We got the lab result on the Polyp that was removed during the Colonoscopy.It's pre-cancerous.So what to do from here ____________________________________________I won't bore you with the rest of the bloodydetails.Kamie

· Banned
987 Posts
Mike, WHATEVER............................you talk real good.As for knowing what to do? Thanks I've got that covered and handled.We already know that Mr. Kamies situation is not really IBS so I won't bother you any more.Oh on the food and diet thing....Actually we've got that down too.Mr. Kamies greatest sin is sneaking off to I-Hop and grabbing one of those famous breakfasts.Breakfast is his favorite meal of the day.As for Ozzie and Harriet.....Mike, WE ARE OZZIE AND HARRIET.We actually enjoy clean and wholesome.Heck if I weren't still ailing with those adhesions we'd be out doing trails w/ the horses and we'd be out diving on the weekends.So we simply don't have a cluttered ultra ridiculous diet of indulgence and morbid self gratification, save the sins of I-HOP.My husband does generally take good care of himself. He's 6'1" and doesn't go over 200 lbs.because it was bad for the horses back!!!!!!And yes, I am going to work with eliminating immune STIMULENTS from his life and work on working with immune SUPPORT because there's a big difference, and at least in this area of knowlege I DO know I'm right and I don't even care if anyone has a gazillion articles or research or whatever is meaningless to me at this point.Neither me nor Mr. Kamie will die if we never eat garlic, soy or enchinacea ever again.To me, it's not worth the risk of what I personally know to be true.So don't worry about educating me.I'm plenty fine in my own little delusionarycapsule.If you don't think my posts and outrageous ideas are valid..... you don't feel they are valid.Nuff said.But it does not invalidate me because as the sign on the wall says......IBS SELF HELP AND SUPPORT GROUP.....................I don't recall seeing that every one here has to become a medical student and I don't see anything here that says verify and sanctify before posting, and I don't see anything here that says personal opinion and personal experiences must be left at the door so as not to muddy the white carpet of clinical analysis.To me, self help implys self help.and so, If I am indulging in a little self help here by venting and pouring forth the sharing of my experience and personal life knowlege, then indeed that's what I will do.And by the way, when you write my name on a post and address me personally in all CAPS (or even standard lettering) then I will most definately assume that indeed you are refering to me in the space that follows.At least that's how it's done in the fantasy world I live in.From now on, in case you don't already know, when I write YOUR name, you will know I am talking about you and to you in specific and I wont be so socially rude as to include your name in a long post of academic tounge lashing if indeed the jab were not meant for you.Put someones name on something and what follows is your response to that person.It's the dynamics of letter writing. And I would imagine the same for BB internet writing.Call it what ever you will.AND YOU WILL.But at least we all know my perspective and that dear Michael is something that won't change.KamieP.S. I didn't just fall off the charcoaled grilledGMO infected truck yesterday. Or the day before.Before assuming that our diet consisted of sizzle and fry try asking about our real lifestyle.We may fart, but we don't drink beer and smoke either.don't assume ignorance just because you think I'm not well informed.What about genetics?You know, I sent you that private mail telling you about the whole genetic history in my husbands family.And you read that mail.Now don't tell me that with a mind likea steel trap that you definately have that you FORGOT that tiny little detail.So how about less focus on what bumpkins we are and a little more on the reality of genetics.Oh, I forgot....don't worry.....you don't need to focus anymore.Oh by the way in 1957 I was 2. My dad grilled everything. We had the worst most grilled high fat diet on the planet.I was started on beef jerkey as soon as I wouldn't choke on it.So it's no wonder I chose a Wholistic/Holistic life style as I grew up.My son grew up feeling deprived because I never had white bread in the house like at his friendshouse. And that's just the tip of the reality.

· Banned
987 Posts
Zouave posted:All in our head, that implies that we should be able to shake it off and get back to our lives. That�s like telling a blind person to cut it out and read! It aint going to happen. ____________________________________________I whole heartedly agree with that wonderfully put statement.I come from a family where there are Deaf People.People who are old enough to have been scarred by Polio.People who suffer w/ Alzheimers.but mostly, People who are People with all the assortment of challenges that a body can have.Telling people with the above problems that it's all in their heads would just seem cruel now days wouldn't it?but you know what?Those very people who are now embraced by thehumanitarian side of our society at one time DID suffer the masses of the medical people and the researchers and the know it alls telliing themvery rude and cruel things about the reality of their condition.I have an aunt who was sent to an assylum for being deaf.and not just one of those health recovery places they would call the assylum years ans aeons ago.The padded wall assylums.Yes.Things were not always so wonderfully evolved for The Handicapped.Do I have the latest news report on this?NOPE. Don't have nuthin'Except for relatives who are old enough to remember and tell the story.There's nothing worse than being told it's all in your head or you don't fit the criteria that we have decided upon when not even the doctors can agree on the reality of the truth.If I hear one more person try to convince me that ESTROGEN won't give me breast cancer when both my mother and her sister have already suffered with the disease....well who knows...but I am sure going to be anoyed. And you can bet I won't be taking that advise at any time in the near or distant future.The reality is this. If one has a physical challenge in life it is approprite to get on that persons side of perspective when attempting to address an issue with any kindness, because it is only until we can put our selves in the others shoes that we can even begin to help with finding the right answers for any one of the many totally individual beings on this crowded little planet.UNDERSTANDING FOLKS!!!!!!!!!That's what it's all about.Kamie

· Banned
987 Posts
Oh, by the way, when the Gynecologist was trying to convince me that I did not have the appropriate signs of a condition that would warrent a surgery or even a gynecological need, I was presented with Imaging test "truths"Lab report truths.physical examination truths.the whole.....this is the big information and this is truth truth.In short, I was being told it was all in my head and maybe we just might throw a birth control pill and a little nerve pill at the problem and call it done.Well ladies and gentlemen, I chose to question authority.I chose NOT to believe the latest scientifc findings (the analysis of my blood)I chose to look for a new category.I chose to speculate and pull my own ideas out of my own personal fantasyland.And upon that fantasy of disbelief of the OBVIUS most recent and up to date reports I went on toforce the issue and put myself through the torture of saying Okay, you won't go look inside my body unless I sign the paper to let you take out my uterus which you stil believe is not really a significant source of trouble but tender enough to warrent a hysterectomy based on my whineyness and family history.....then go ahead.Well, as it turned out I was not so intuitively crazy after all.I had the impossible going on.I had that impssible "good" left ovary covered with a blanket of adhesions and stuck impossibly to the musculature of the pelvic girdle and that imppossible colon in the impossible situation of having dense attachments to the ovary and the pelvic muscle. And I also had the impossible Adenomyosis, not in it's moderately possible presurgery diagnostic mode, but in the very possible and conclusive post surgical extensive adenomyosis reality mode. I had impossible cysts and an impossible tumor too along with all that impossible endometriosis that never read on a test.So, add insult to the surgery......recently, when i saw a new gynecologist, he read the report on the surgical report and told me that it was impossible to believe that they really cut my colon away from the pelvic train wreck even when the surgical report reads: Adhesions from the colon to the left pelvic side wall were taken down.............The gyn doctor said that didn't make any anatomical sense. That surgery report of mine was probably wrong.My husband, Mr.Kamie spoke up in that meeting and said he saw the pictures from the surgery.To which the knowlegable grand poobah of baby birthing simply went on to discuss other matters.Ya know, I really try to be less judgmental of jerks in motion.I try to focus on their good qualities and positive redeemable points of character.But then,after a few days of looking at the obvious through rose colored glasses, things get dim and I take off those pink shades and take a closer look with out pollyanna glasses and then comes the harsh reality that yet once againI must make choices and stand up for my self lest I be railroaded into things that are not palatable to my care of my own body.Oh what a thing to continually have to stand up for.Understanding, compassions and respect.KamieP.S. I dont think the reality of gynecology problems in my pelvis was at all a manifestation of my brain in my pelvis any more that I buy the psycho babble that the manifestation of my gut problems was caused by the condition of my brain and thought process.but then again, maybe i don't have REAL IBSinspite of what the Doctor wrote on my chart in the post surgical analysis and agreement that indeed there were possibly still adhesion to the outside of the gut and the diagnosis of the urologist commenting on my case, that horse back riding would not be wise for me because of the nature of left over adhesions physically reattaching and causing havoc with my other internal organs. But heck. Who knows. Since maybe I don't really have IBS I could be confused or in the wrong place or making inaccurate observations or at very worst.....manifesting the disorder of my mind in the manifestation of adhesions that secrete from the organs.Oh to only really be oh so powerful.Wouldn't it be nice?I suppose if I can manifest up some big sticky ol adhesions then most assuredly I could manifest upa perfect world.

· Banned
987 Posts
Douglas posted:DoAdmittedly, the things that I have to be stressed about are omnipresent (like my damn green card) but I'm not thinking about my green card every minute of the day, so why should my stomach hurt every minute of the day?___________________________________________So why should your stomach hurt every minute of the day?Because it's natures way of telling us that something's wrong.Douglas, they have no clue as to what is wrong with you.I have no clue as to what is wrong with you.Unfortunately we have a problem in this societyin which it seems to be the compulsive nature of the egoist to simply be right about everything.So in your case, you're going to run up against opposition only because you still don't fit into an exact category and when you don't mold and easily fit you make the omniwise egoist look wrong and ill informed and that, THAT is simply not tolerated.So yuo get the runaround and you get the blow off and you get the 600.00 words that THEY expect you not to understand so you will be dumbfounded and just sit there quietly and simply agree to allow you bad treatment.So Douglas, let me make a totally unqualified, lack of scientific knowlege observation here.You are ill. You might be very ill for all that matter.Who Knows.Certainly no one here really knows and I suspect that your case is as baffling to your doctors as it has been to many people here.So knowing that,one proceeds.They simply proceed.They start with a belief concept.You start with a belief concept.So what's your belief concept?Let's take the category IBS out of this whole equation and ask a fundamental question.Do YOU think YOU ARE SICK? What do you feel from an intuitve selfperspective.And, yes, you do know what you feel, you just have to disallow all the other voices you have heard, and hear only the present day truth from you to yourself.So Identify your self belief and act accordingly.It's what we all have to do when we find that we must fight for our health.You are in the very same boat as the rest of us.confused, upset and just plain ol feeling bad.That's enough for me.That's all anyone needs to know.Sick in your head? sick in your body?At some point sick is sick.People can be jerks.Blow them off. Especially if it happens to be a Doctor to whome you have given a sufficient run with the way any individual practices medicine.Kamie

· Banned
987 Posts
Douglas, My dad died at 48 from coronary heart disease.I have crazy hypertension that was diagnosed at an age doctors consider to be young.My Mom and her Sister had breast cancer and one of them had to have a mastectomy.You don't think that stuff freaks ME out?Me with a plethoria of woman estrogen problems.Or how about Mr. Kamie?He just recently bled and bled oodles and oodles of gushing red blood every time he tried to have a bowel movent.Days on end. Even after having a scope done.He still bled.We spent our first year wedding anniversaryin the hospital trying to find out what was making him gush blood.Sometimes up to every 2-3 hours!His grandfather died of leukemia and the male side of his family often expire from man cancer.Mr. Kamies pathology report from the scope revealed a pre cancer polyp.Yes, the whole illness thing can be fearsome.but you know what? Being forewarned by our genetic past makes us forarmed and ahead of theillness monster.You have just said that you have been cleared regarding the cancer in your family.Well, right there is one less malady to worry about. Lucky you. That is indeed a very promising sign.So get the medical help and evaluation you need to help you stop being afraid.It was a great day recently when they told me thatmy Estradiol levels were very low.After the gynecologist TOTALLY freaked me out and told me that he thought my ovary grew back after the hysterectomy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!No that's some freakey news!Having a genetic past is actually a gift.From the past of our family history we learn how to give our bodies the best benefit so we are not going to walk the same road as our parents or our parents parents.Be well Douglas and think of good happy things.And keep looking until you find the right doctor.Kamie

· Banned
987 Posts
Douglas, I've been giving some thought to your situation and your responsesI wrote:Douglas, they have no clue as to what is wrong with you.I have no clue as to what is wrong with you.____________________________________________I think that is a pretty fair assessment since you are still worried and searching and you are not yet convinced or comfortable with much of anything the doctors have come up with.I also wrote:So Douglas, let me make a totally unqualified, lack of scientific knowlege observation here.You are ill. You might be very ill for all that matter.Who Knows.Certainly no one here really knows and I suspect that your case is as baffling to your doctors as it has been to many people here.So knowing that,one proceeds.They simply proceed.They start with a belief concept.You start with a belief concept.So what's your belief concept?Let's take the category IBS out of this whole equation and ask a fundamental question.Do YOU think YOU ARE SICK? What do you feel from an intuitve selfperspective.________________________________________However, you took one piece of that long statement and ran with it and you did not answer the question I asked of you.You chose to focus on one thing and you replyed:your post:I might be very ill?Thats the sort of stuff that really freaks me out. My mother died of stomach cancer (yes, I've been cleared on that) and to be honest nothing scares me to the very pits of my soul more than being sick.____________________________________________So what does that statement you answered with mean Douglas?Does it mean that you chose not to consider the other parts of my post which asked the question about your reality?I made a general speculative guess based on the way your posts have read up until this point.At one point you say you think you are ill.at another point you wonder if it's in your head.Then again at still another point you get a test done that tells you something about your condition and then you doubt if that was a valid test and then you decide you don't like the treatment they give you even before you are done.you posted:I've been on a liquid diet of Vivonex Plus for a week now and the pain is still there. Its for bacterial overgrowth that I supposedly have, which I'm now quite skeptical of.____________________________________________So then you had someone else totally empathize with you and make a really good and valid statement.Post read:The bottom line is that our stomachs hurt and it effects our lives. It�s real and it hurts.______________________________________________But you did not feel comfortable with that answer either and you replied:Yes... but _ALL_ the time? I've always found it difficult to accept that my stress and anxiety could be causing abdominal pain that never ever goes away or fluctuates much._________________________________________so then you seem to take the stand that your pain is not a totally mind related problem and it would appear that from this point in your answers to the huge amount of posts that have been sent your way that you are still not resolved to any of the ieas that have been touched upon. So then we are back to my earlier question that you took out of context. And so being, I will ask that question yet once again with the rest of the original thought.my post:So what's your belief concept?Let's take the category IBS out of this whole equation and ask a fundamental question.Do YOU think YOU ARE SICK? What do you feel from an intuitve selfperspective._________________________________________________So what is it you really think Douglas.What do YOU and only YOU believe to be true about your real state of health?Mike wrote:Easy now....you might NOT be very ill, either. Depending upon the degree of invasive testing you have had so far, the likelihood of you being seriously ill and not knowing it is sort of "inversely proportionate"._____________________________________________I can't speak for Mike but it would appear to me that Mike was addressing your fear factor and trying to give you a broader perspective.It would appear to me that just about everyone here has made an attempt to give you an answer based on the tone of what you felt at the time you posted any one of the messagas you have posted either here on this thread or anywhere else where you have been asking your important questions.I know I was responding to things that looked like the obvious direction of your questions because when I discussed your illness or non illness I was clear in saying that I had no clue as to what the real state of your health and well being might be.After all, many of your posts challenged and denyed that the pain you feel is a psychological pain.Your posts convery a person who is worried about an internal disease process or some mysterious malady.I was responding to validate the quandry.I decided that since you seemed to be saying that you suspected illness in your body, then yes, maybe illness was indeed in your body so I went on to ask the questions regarding a real illness of the body sortmy post:So what's your belief concept?Let's take the category IBS out of this whole equation and ask a fundamental question.Do YOU think YOU ARE SICK? What do you feel from an intuitve selfperspective.___________________________________________But unless I just missed it, I don't recall you ever stating your belief.I don't recall seeing that you ever revealed your true feelings about your state of affairs where your health was concerned.So you took the beginning of a long series of questions and simply stated that the first part of the sequence, taken out of context, freaked you out.I still don't know what YOU think.Yes, I know that you stated that you got all freaked out.But WHY? WHY did you get freaked out?You have not given a diffinative statement.you say:Thats the sort of stuff that really freaks me out. My mother died of stomach cancer (yes, I've been cleared on that) and to be honest nothing scares me to the very pits of my soul more than being sick.________________________________________Well you also say in your post that you have been cleared of the stomach cancer issue. Okay, that's really good.So since we all now know that you are not worried of dying from stomach cancer due to your family genetic health history, then WHAT, what freaks you out........other than cockroaches....about the question regarding being ill and asking you the million dollar question......WHAT DO YOU THINK?after all you keep wanting validation that your pain is not in your head/Okay, so you get that validation.Scoo Poodles of validation.But there's pain.And unless pain is psychological in it's origin it's then most likely it would active in the physical form of illness or at very least some sort of injury or trauma to the area of discomfort.So, that's why I assumed that yes, as you seem to have been trying to prove, you might be ill.So I agree with you and then I ask what you think and then you answer me by saying.....Well.....that just freaks you out...but you give no answer for your self.so which is it?What do you really think?Do you think you are physically ill?Do you think it's in your head?What is your personal truth.Those are the questions I am interested in.It appears that you have been very successful in generating a large amount of support and sympathy and detailed research knowlege.No Douglas, I have no clue as to what you want at this point, but with the huge amount of information you have been given by the kind and caring people on this board, one would think that at very least you might be able to form the speculative answer........WHAT DO YOU THINK IS WRONG WITH YOUAfter all the thoughts and research I just know, somewhere deep inside that you do most definately have even a smidgen of an answer already formed in your head.You are a very inquisitive person.You dwell on things.You come up with many many questions that reveal that you do give your condition a whole lot of thought.So Douglas, for a person who thinks with such great and persistent investigation as even the best research scientist, I KNOW (call it womans intuition) that you do indeed have at least one or two thoughts formed on the question of physical malady.Mike posted:Easy now....you might NOT be very ill, either. ____________________________________________But you know what Douglas, Mike has no clue. Just like I have no clue.And you know why we have no clue?Because neither one of us are your Doctor.we don't see you, we don't take your vitals, we don't have access to your medical records, we don't even know what you do as a regular course of life that could be affecting your situation.In short, we ALL are just guessing to the best of our combined technical knowlege and intuitive ability.You recently asked the same question you have been asking in a new post but now you ask in a different way.Post:I've had constant 24x7 mild abdominal pain for over a year now with altered BM's (frequency has increased from 1x a day to 3x a day and sometimes they're normal and sometimes they're kinda broken up). No C or D. I've had soooo many tests done and the doctors can't find anything specifically wrong with me. All thats come up is bacterial overgrowth.The pain is mild, diffuse and seems to be evenly distributed around my belly button area. Just exactly what IS that? Is that my stomach, small bowel or large bowel? People keep telling me different things.______________________________________________Yes, douglas, people do keep telling you different things.Know why?Because people all have different experiences and different opinions and this is a public bulliten Board and for every question there are a gazillin answers and the only way any of us find our dfinitives through internet self help forums is to gather the knowlege we get and sort through the similarities and contradictions and decide for ourselves which answer is most likey to reflect our personal situation.You also get different opinions because once you run a lap with one set of answeres you go out in search of a whole new set of answers and when you run the lap with several more after that, you find it difficult to settle on a direction that feels most right for you.So right now Douglas, it's very good that you are getting alot of feed back.It's good because having a lot of information is much better than having NO information.However, you are probably still going to find yourself somewhat lost in the cascade of opinions until you find the doctor who can help you sort all of your information.Your recent coments on the new post read:Oh wait... now I don't feel better. Your pain is in the same location as mine. Maybt it IS my gall bladderOh boy. This is scarey. I've read several posts here lately from people who had IBS symptoms, had their gallbladders removed, and still had the symptoms! "An abdominal ultrasound is the best test to confirm gallstones; it is 95% accurate."I'm not thrilled about the idea of a Hida scan actually because it involves radiation. In the past year, since this started, the wireless enteroscopy, CT scan and barium swallow have all involved radiation of some sort. _________________________________________Oay, so now you have some new opinions and some new folks giving you input.But you are back there with the being frightened thing and you are back there with not likeing the possible treatmentsSo you are back there with the same stuff that just leaves you wondering and confused.So what I am saying is this....It's your body Douglas and if it's causing you grief you owe it to yourself to run around and see new specialists and keep asking the Doctors the very important questions you are asking here because basicaly, it will only be the Doctor who sees you in person who can tell you in a more definitive way as to what your healing answers might be.And as far as personal research goes....yes, it's important to research and study and get to know as much as you can about the body and medicines and how the whole dynamic works.As far as I know Douglas, no one here is an Internal Medicine doctor or a Colon surgeon or a gastroenterologist.So what every "scary" answer you might get....it's all just speculation from the individuals perspective and life exxperiences and accumulated research. People are sharing with you. No one is giving you a diagnosis.So when something frightening or worrysome turns up in an answer....just take it with a grain of salt because basically, even the ones who do excellant research....we are all just GUESSINGand that's why it is of the utmost importance for you, as the individual, that YOU need to come to some sort of decision.What do you think is wrong with YOU.Is it in your head? Is it physical? is it a bit of both?It has to be you Douglas.Only you and your doctor can make the call that classifys you in the diagnosis of your physical or emotinal reality.So while searching for your answers, continue to ask questions and ponder.But remember, none of what any of us say has to be your truth.Only you will know your truth when you hear it and after that, toss all other info out in the waste basket and fine tune your reality with your Doctor and only your doctor.Best Wishes for good health,Kamie

· Banned
987 Posts
Douglas, I can totally appreciate your plight.I've shared enough of my personal medical craziness with you that you know that I too come from a place of great frustration with medicine.I also come to a great frustration with alternative practices because I am a holistic practitioner and both my husband and I have come to a place where we must work with traditonal medicine and then try to fit our holistic practices around the medicine to hopefully find some balance.Right now, you are following a course of action with one doctor.When you are finished with that you will take any unresolved matters up with another doctor.With each doctor you need to ask for help with even momentary relief from your pain.If that means a trial and error with antispasmodics and maybe SSRI's then so be it.It's help in however flawed and minute it's presence and effectiveness.But you need to remember that when going the medicine route you need to give it time and you need to work with dose and if you don't feel a particular med is right for your body you then need to discuss your med reactions with a pharmacist and ask for alternatives.You notice I said PHARMACIST.I take a lot of meds and I use the pharmacy to trouble shoot my meds before I go to the doctor with my facts, opinions and alternatives in hand.The doctor then has some idea as to what I do and don't want and somtimes they think my idea is a good one and other times they may have something that works better.So it's a partnership with you, the pharmacist and the doctor when you begin to introduce the meds and it takes patience. However, evey once in a while, if your doctor knows you well enough, then you get lucky at the first try.And yes, that little miracle is really and truly known to happen in life.so since you are not sure what is wrong with you but you do have some ideas, then go forward with the clearest and strongest idea you have regarding your health and allow that directin to be where you begin.At some point you will know more than you did yesterday and by the process of elimination you will eventually know the most right answer that beings relief to your body.You just keep pushing.We all do.And let me assure you, you are not alone in feeling misunderstood and misdiagnosed and otherwise lost in the big scary world of medicine.Sometimes we may not have any smart answers at all but at least theres community here, community with the whole bunch of us who are just trying to have more good days than bad.So hang in there.I think you are considering a wise choice in the med department.At very least it will help the horrible anxiety that builds up over time when we live 24/7 with pain.Hugs& Hope,Kamie

· Banned
987 Posts
okay, one more thought...Stanley is calling...the post read;is it in the mind or the brain or body? _______________________________________The mind and the brain are a coule of different things.I don't think everything is a manifestation of the mind.But I do think that the brain, as a working piece of standard issue body equipment is definately part of the whole body connection trip.The brain is the computer that sorts the data.In that respect it is truly the Body/Brain connection.As for the mind, well then we are off to other parts of the Holistic reality like the mind and the spirit and the soul and so on and so forth.Kamie

· Banned
987 Posts
Correct me if I am wrong, but don't most people just take one dose of diflucan? Or is that some other med I am thinking of?That must have been one humdinger of a tongue coating.So hey, Douglas, I've been thinking about you today.You know, you realy should get a copy of ALL your medical records and take a look for yourself as to what is being tested and what the results are.I just learned the great value of walking into the doctors office and requesting (demanding) my personal medical records.Oh the many things we just don't know.Mr.Kamie and I went to pick up some of our records because we have decided that we don't feel tended by the current doctors.and, after seeing the records....WE AREN"TI'm not going to go into the details here because I don't want to freak you out.But I was thinking about you today and feeling that it might be wise for you to become your own medical detective.Hugs,Kamie

· Banned
987 Posts
Summerland, Many of your thoughts concur with the exact things I am currently exploring in the way of meds and treatment and on going diagnosis.You brought up one of my most favorite areas of study recently and that would be the vagus nerve.I take hyoscyamine for my IBS-C condition and that partiular med works as an anti spasmodic specifically on the bladder, the colon and the vagus nerve.It is also a medication given to Parkinsons patients.It's a very interesting substance in all that it can do for help.Yes, I agree that the brain controls everything.I liken the brain to the computer for controls etc etc.But in my thought, the brain and the mind processes are sometimes a bit of two different things. But that's a long long conversation so I'll skip that for the moment.I am a person who has had diagnosed Hypertension for at least 15 years.I don't even remember when my IBS symptoms appeared but they got very chronic and intense in the last year or so.Well, to make the long story short, I had surgery back in april and it was found that my colon was attached to the ovary and the two organs were both plastered up against the pelvic wall.It was no wonder my bowel had been irritable and after the surgery that removed the total of my female organs save the right ovary, the bowel proceeded to get very very irritable to the extent it went on strike taking the urinary function with it.Just walked off the job those two did!So, some 20 days after the hysterectomy, I had life saving emergency surgery for a bad bad bowel impaction that was to the point of no gut sounds at all.Well, since then I've discoverd that my colon is good and crankey and it is very particular about the things that I put into my body and when I ingest soy I can just start the drive down to the ER because the bowel goes tilt and then we have the whole constipation nightmare going on and once one has had that kind of experience one develops an aversion to eating things that will cause chaos so I just avoid soy like the plauge.Additionally, Soy is also a big time phytoestrogen and it's one of the chief plants used by the pharmeceutical companies to make HRT meds. Soy has a huge percentage of natural phyto estrogen as a natural part of it's plant qualities and I 've got this theory about people and disease and weight and a whole plethoria of symptoms and mysterious things with the body that just sound like too much estrogen in the body. And how would I know abut too much estrogen in the body? Because I come from a genetic family of women who have unopposed estrogen which means that we get estrogen related diseases like endometriosis and adenomyosis and ovarian tumors and breast cancer.Yea.So because of the experiences and observations of estrogen from my own personal genetic level and the huge huge changes that entered into the picture after my hysterectomy that removed one ovary, I also avoid soy because the relief my body has gotten from being free of so much estrogen.... why in the world would I want to even drink that stuff or suppliment it into my diet?And additionally, I already had my suspects about estrogen and soy before my surgery because although my periods were bad and I always had pelvic problems and such, I was doing well enough to be leading a really healthy and athletic life riding horses, owning horses and scuba diving on the weekends.AND it was my own personal deviation of what I know best for my own body that gave me the not so brilliant idea to eat those dopey soy food bars and try a bit of that soy milk and poof the next period I have is like a hemmorage and then the pain got really really bad and by this time last year I could no longer dive or ride my horse because of the pelvic pain spasms and eventually by december of last year I couldn't have sex with my husband because the whole abdominal pelvic pain thing was so bad that I had to go to the ER and get put on an I.V of Demerol and Phenegrin and so basically all that and all it implys is what is so bad about soy.For me.I had endometriosis and estrogen feeds endo although you will hear plenty of debate on the latest tests that say it isn't so. Personally, I don't care what they say about the benefits of soy, it's one substance that I choose to just say no to. I happen to think it is some insideous bad stuff.Post hysterectomy I now eat a basically soy free )(in any form)diet.Post hysterectomy I still have a lot of real medical concerns.However, the story is not all bad.since the hysterectomy and me specifically targeting the removal of soy from my diet, I no longer have migraines and I no longer have the allergy problems I used to have and I no longer have the period time acne that would crop up even though I still have one ovary in my body and my long standing horrible chronic pain has now gotten much much better and instead of being this whole body craziness of many symptoms that did not make sense, I can now identify specifics which is now good to help my doctors further trouble shoot my other medical problems.And back to the vagus nerve thing, my pressure goes way up and my pulse gets crazy when the vagus nerve is having a spasm in my body. It is the medication of hyoscyamine that relieves the spasm and helps my pulse get under better control because I just found out that some time between the hysterectomy and now that I have probably suffered a silent heart attack.I had a blood test run in september that I just got this week that shows a Troponin -I test run that identifys markers that show myocardial injury extensive enough to fit the world health organizations criteria for determing the occurance of acute myocardial infarction.what fun.So after the family has dinner I'm going to take a little trip on down to the ER because my jaw has been locked up and hurting for several days now and I just saw my Internal med doctor last week and mentioned this ongoing left shoulder pain that had been gone since june and pretty much returned when I got stressed recently because Mr. Kammie had to go to the hospital because he was gushing blood out of his rectum and we had a hard time getting anyone to tend that problem even though he was losing blood and even though sometimes the BM would just be all blood and no stool and so finally they found a precancer polyp and of course that was not happy news but it wasn't bad news because thank goodness it wasn't actually cancer but darned if they didn't even mention his enlarged spleen that we also discovered when we got mad and went to get our medical reports to hand carry to new doctors.SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOI suppose i've been stressed so I did mention the left side ache that had been gone since June and I mentioned my jaw and that I was having trouble eating and the Internal med doctor suggests a little asprin and a dentist.So immagine my mood when we got those ER records with this whole myocardial thing going on and the result of a urinalysis that showed RBC-rare, that was never addressed or explained to me until yesterday when I called my old gastroenterologist out of state and read them the reports and it was the out of state office who took the time to explain to me that I needed to look a little further in some new directions regarding my health other than the obvious and troublesome IBS-C which is it's own real and valid concern.So I'm going to the ER in a while after everyone finishes eating and unwinding from the day because I am not in horrible distress but my pulse is up and I hurt and I can't eat dinner with the family because my jaw is locked up and I called the nurse line at the other hospital and the nurse says that it would be a good idea to come into the ER and not wait until Oct 29th when I have an appointment with the new gastroenterologist.As for all those brilliant theories on what IBS does and Does not do I will share with you the official diagnosis I have now been given concerning the reality or non reality of the IBS-C diagnosis.Of course, I must qualify here that this is my own medical situaion and does not in anyway reflect the many many standards and criteria that are written on the pages of the rules and regulations of IBS.This is just what the gastroenterologists and the other doctors say.FOR ME.....IBS-C exists in my body because my colon has spasms. The spasms are so hard and difficult that my bowel will shut down from being choked by the spasms. This accounts for my upper GI distress and my nausea and my constipation and my bladder problems.The source of the internal irritation is ADHESIONS to the outside of my gut.The adhesions are a by product of ENDOMETRIOSIS with is an estrogen fed condition. Endometriosis is the endometrium, the lining of the uterus that sheds. Some times the endometrium escapes from the uterus and gets into the other inside of the body.Endometrium, being reproductive material likes to attach itself and grow. So when endometriosis escapes into the pelvic cavity it attaches to organs and muscle and as long as there is estrogen it grows and grows and grows.Wnen a woman has a severe endometriosis problem there are basically two courses of action.Total radical hysterectomy. All plumbing out.Or supressive treatment by an estrogen supressig drug such as Lupron which is a very physically difficult course of medical action. Lupron makes many women very very sick (like chemo)So with the idea with Lupron, the goal is to shut down the estrogen in the body and basically starve the endo out of the body.Endo can't cause damage if it does not have food and endo will die off with estrogen starvation.So hence, even if I already didn't hate soy, the ingesting of soy or any other phyto estrogen would be subject to debate with regards to the nature of endometriosis which can and does attach it self to the bowel and cause for a whole IBS land slide.So for me the bowel pain is caused by the pulling of the adhesions on the outside of my colon.I don't know the scientific reality of the intestinal pain thing. All I know is that I personally feel a whole lot of pain and I can feel the places that were attached to adhesions before the liberation hysterectomy.It's hard to describe but I can feel it pretty clear now that the whole pelvic area has been separated and clarified.As for my heart, the hyoscyamine really does help to bring relief. However, the pulse has been up there and my jaw isn't responding to the meds today so in view of the recently accquired medical reports we think it might be prudent to go on down to the ER at least for a look see.I always say.....better safe than sorry.Well I hope some or any of this makes sense.I just wanted to say, I think you are on to something so keep me posted on your thoughts and personal research.Bye Now,Kamie

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.