Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I get my "attacks" I feel absolutely horrible. I feel so sick because I cannot have a regular bm, only the tiny pebble one or pale ribbon ones. It's a horrid feeling and nothing seems to help. Does anyone else get this sick all over feeling?

·
Registered
126 Posts
When I get my "attacks" I feel absolutely horrible. I feel so sick because I cannot have a regular bm, only the tiny pebble one or pale ribbon ones. It's a horrid feeling and nothing seems to help. Does anyone else get this sick all over feeling?
Yes! I'm in a flare now, and am home sick from work because of it. I have two different acute-onset events with my IBS. I have flare-ups (where my constipation leaves my guts feeling inflamed and distended) and attacks (sudden-onset cramping and, often, crampy diarrhea or combination stools). Both events give me that "sick all over" feeling that you describe. My flare-ups leave me more foggy than anything else. Low-grade nausea, sensitivity to light and noise, inability to concentrate, irritability, and moderate to debilitating lack of energy. The attacks leave me pretty unsettled after they happen... sometimes heavily nauseated. I, too, get little to no relief from anything medicinal or alternative.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.