Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone taking Allegra that has IBS-D? Was wondering if you think it aggravates the D. I just started using it-I've had such a bad post nasal drip, I can hardly talk! But, the D has been really bad lately so wondering if the Allegra had anything to do with it or is it the allergies themselves or as I posted earlier, it's something in the air?!?!? I was also taking red raspberry leaf capsules and thought that was supposed to help D. I get really confused and frustrated with all of this.

·
Registered
605 Posts
Debbie, sorry to hear that you are experiencing a flare up. I take Allegra 60mg/ once each day, at bedtime. It has worked like a charm for my allergies and has not affected my bowels at all. Hope you are able to get to the source of what's bothering you and that you are soon bettter.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Debbie . . . I've taken Allegra D & I have IBS-D. I was on 2 a day and had to quit and go back to Claritin because it kept me awake at night. Also gave me a racing heartbeat. Didn't seem to affect my IBS though. After Doc added Flonase to Claritin it has pretty much taken care of the drainage. Hope it stays that way. If I could find something to do that well with the D I'd be all set.

·
Registered
228 Posts
I'm taking allegra and I haven't seen any side effects. I tried Zyertex but it gave me "D". I think each system is different. I had them fill only 10 ills in the allegra perscription so I could try it first to see. If you are unsure only get a few pills and try it because there is not any sence to paying for a whole peerscription if you can't take it. Better yet your Dr can give you free samples ask him. Taffy[This message has been edited by taffy (edited 06-08-2001).]

·
Registered
228 Posts
I just thought I would add this. There are 2 Allegra meds. One is Allegra D. that has sudafed in it. I can't take that because sudafed raises my blood pressure. I'm not conjested so I take only the other Allegra.Taffy

·
Registered
568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks everyone for your replies. I'm taking plain old allegra, no decongestant since they keep me up at night and make me jittery. I also take the flonase every day. so far the combo works pretty well but today is a baaaaadddddd day. Anyway, my IBS D symptoms seem to be waning and i'm still taking allegra so hopefully it doesn't have any effect.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts