Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How would you know if you were allergic? I have been using this for awhile but the last month or so, I have buring around the skin near my butt. Part of me says that the area is dry... my skin all over my body gets really dry in the winter. there are NO hives anywhere on my body.... Would this be considered an allergic reaction. I works so NOW WHAT? Woudl Colace work as well?Teach

·
Registered
34,955 Posts
Stool softeners can work for some people.Dry irritated skin (are your stools loose from the miralax) is what it sounds like than some allergy just where you might get splash back??Allergies usually are when you take something, not just at the anus when it leaves. So I'd be more likely to think allergy if you had itchy lips when you took it, or hives on your torso (and the hives is what the drug information mentions)Have you tried putting some diaper cream on the skin to see if that clears it up?

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
NO hives! Have taken it before with NONE of this feeling of dryness. My stools are soft which is good because I have a prolapse which I have to worry about. No itchy lips.. just the skin around the anus.. (Inside the checks!) It really started when I tried Canasa supp. ( which I stopped!) I am using balmax and an anti itch cream.... I really do need to keep the stools soft tho due to do the prolapse... just very uncomfortable!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts