Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to start this post by saying i dont believe in the existance of depressionthat being said every method of calculating if one is clinically depressed shows me in that catagoryI am living in a very expensive area and running out of money a high proportion of my expenses are for managing my IBSI am currently running out of money, I hate my job and i am struggling so badly that I have decided it is imperitive that I need to leave at the end of my contract in may and not sign on to the new perminant contract.but I have no idea how I can manage my IBS without a large enough salary and i honestly dont see how i can manage my life as it currently stands, not that IBS is my main problem but it prevents me treating a lot of my more serious problems.since i was very young i came up with a contingency plan if things just looked like it was pointless and I cant find much hope at the moment.i dont need a cure i just need to find 1 more piece in the jigsaw that can eliminate some of the more expensive aids i have and something that will allow me to end my contract and survive through the hell which is each of our lives. just one thing that can make life bareable.I never thought id come to the end of my teather having come to grips with the best my ibs can be but i cant live with the many other issues i have and my IBS preents me doing anything about them.i would love to be able to sleep through the night, manage other pains effectively and be able to to exercise my life as i know my mind will alow but i just cantcan anyone at all come up with something that may help, again it doesnt have to be a cure for IBS is just needs to be able to provide some light

·
Registered
287 Posts
hey, hang on in there-you sound on a real down tonight. You live in Scotland so at least you only pay (if you do) prescription charges. There is something you haven't tried that will help so you have to keep thinking. Don't do anything rash with your job-any job is worth having at the moment. I was at my wits end but seem to have improved a bit since starting permatrol-have you tried it. I take imodium like smarties too. You do sound depressed and maybe this is something you could tackle-at least meds can keep you sufficiently upbeat until you find something new to try. You are not alone and if I could I would give you a big hug x

·
Registered
287 Posts
just another thought-have you tried valerian drops. They do help some people sleep as well as calm down a bit. Important, I think, to get your head in a better place at the moment.....then you can focus on your gut.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
not tried either what do each do? I hate talking to my doc seriously as he is like a friend. Will give me anything but worries but every little thing. Honestly think that if my parent's weren't at an age that they can barely cope with the every day stresses i'd have packed up by now. I know as a fact i need to leave my job but i'll miss my friends there any ibsacol is not cheap either

·
Registered
311 Posts
i have written many posts here & so much of the time, people say they r willing to try anything.......they want any help, will do many things...........but i have received very little in the way of feed back on things i've mentioned & there have been some good ones..........many yrs ago, i was a personal trainer at a gym & dealt with many different people........i was also in therapy at the time, we all have many issues by the time we r older & haven't lived in a vacuum..........anyway, it was like there was a neon sign on my forehead saying complain here, i will help all.............i told my therapist one day, i was just so fed up.........i'd told many people, many ideas to help them & when i would c them alter, sometimes months later, i would always ask how they were, how things were with them, did they try what i'd suggested..........every single one of them, said no & they all had many excuses why they hadn't even considered what i'd said.........& then they'd go on asking me for more ideas, even tho they hadn't tried the original ones..........i can remember yrs b 4 this, that when i was a young mother & dealing with a very lousy, abusive husband & i would b in a bad place, some friends i knew would offer ideas about whatever i'd b in that bad place for...........when i would c them after that, they would ask how i was & did i try what they had suggested.............u know what, i always tried what people suggested........CAUSE I REALLY WANTED TO GET BETTER, GET IT FIXED, GET IT TAKEN CARE OF.............when i told my therapist about the pissed off way i felt & the way these people treated me & any idea i might have suggested, i realized everyone wanted a magic pill, some easy road to take, they didn't want to do the work..........nothing of worth comes easily, if it did, it wouldn't b worth anything...........now all u out there don't get on a high horse or read me the riot act...........b 4 i ever found this place, i did my homework, let my very efficient brain go from one set of things to another...........& i never let any time go by where i wasn't doing the research about how this ibs-d works, how our intestines work, any book that might help, cause u never know where one piece of info might come from, what natural chemicals, vitamins, minerals & hormones might have an effect on how this process works........i read my eyes on many times just trying to find any teeny, tiny thing that might make a big difference...........now i'm not saying u r one of those people, but u say u have a friend who is a dr & u don't use that connection to get, maybe some help........that's passing up one avenue, that i would have killed for & maybe many more out there..........u have to ask questions of everyone u talk to, u have to explore every net link out there & analyze what might b in those sites & med searches.........i'll grant u, there is alot of #### on the net, but every once in a while, u run across a gem...........have u checked out earthclinic.com......i don't agree with all they say, but they have different views on stuff than many others...........turmeric is one of those things that helped me..............got it from that site...........it's a spice & completely natural.........as i said there r other places.....just on this site, there r so many posts under many different headings, it would take u a very long time to read them all..........this takes time, persistence & determination........it can make u want to give up, but there is info out there..........so much of what i read here on this site is about taking drugs & let us not forget anti-depressants.........all of those things r just band-aids & eventually something happens, it either doesn't work at some point, some organ can't handle it, some thing happens & there u r again with possibly something worse than ibs, of which there r many..........when we have something like ibs-d going on, there is always some underlying factor..........ur body is talking to deaf ears & if u take drugs or put on bandaids to muffle these symptoms, u will pay for it at some point in the future...........remember there is no magic potion or pill..........find out why ur intestines r acting this way, find out why they r spasming so much, look into how digestion starts at ur mouth, cause that's where everything starts in the body..........analyze things & info u come upon & take the following steps in the process..........look at the whole picture..........it is not easy & there r no easy answers.........buy an herb book & try some of the things that r used naturally for diarrhea...........look at the hormones that control muscle contraction & relaxation, what causes things to b tense.........there is always a yin & yang, ALWAYS!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
6,019 Posts
Ditto. If you want to talk about supplements that may help you, PM me. We all know that there isn't one answer for everyone; but trying to find reasons to say "No" will never get you out of your current situation. I have read your post on what you take and what you avoid to get relief--and it really does sound like you are at least making some progress--and then you write as though you want to kill yourself. It is now about 6 AM in Scotland and I hope you have had some sleep and are feeling a bit less stressed. What are your other problems? How do you really feel about the way things are going? I used to be so run down that I would darn near fall asleep every afternoon while driving for work and after 10 years of D I was hoping to finally get the heart attack that would end my suffering. Funnily enough, when I started to take positive steps to address the energy and cardio problems I also found an end to my D. You never know.Mark

·
Registered
287 Posts
well, permatrol helps with leaky gut-went to a health food shop and they said I MUST try this and it helped. Valerian -bought at the same time in drop form-helps to calm you down-not as good as valium but has some mild effect and at least you can buy OTC.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for all your posts guys, feel a little embarrased but just hit the wall and couldn't copemy back is killing me and i cant take anything that can help, my IBS is as good as its going to get acording to my doc and its been a bad cycle, always had sleep problems but not slept even half a night this month. valium is the most pointless drug for anything, dont notice a damn thing on it. work is ###### and im packing it in at end of march but not managing to find much going and dreading how IBS will cope with a lot og the jobs ive applied for.then add the drink element to it all makes one really shitty feeling night

1 - 11 of 11 Posts