Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have posted on this site a number of times, pertaining to the above. However have discovered a new use.ALOE VERA IS EXCELLENT FOR YOUR SKIN AS A RESULT OF SUNBURN/DRYSKIN. Puncture the softgel and squeeze out the gel. Gel is much better than Aloe Vera Juice in my opinion!!!This has increased my level of confidence regarding the healing/soothing of the stomach lining/intestines by aloe vera gel.I take the gel ### twice the recommended daily amounts; relatively inexpensive ### approximnately $11US;180 softgel capsules; 200:1 concentration: General Nutrition CentersIf anyone is aware of better pricing/product please share. Also take the Primadophilus Reuteri ### twice the recommended daily amount.Purchase from Iherb.comProblems are 90% resolved - do have flare ups!!Previously suffered from:c/dbloatingstomach painpain on my left sideinability to sleepexhaustionirritabilityProbably impacted my nervous system.Also eat green vegetables and exercise- no junk food.WILL TAKE 2/3 WEEKS TO SEE DIFFERENCE-WITH SYMPTOMS GRADUALLY REGRESSING OVER TIME-TOOK ME 3/5 MONTHS. Hope this helps

·
Registered
34,955 Posts
Many companies sell bottles of Aloe Gel for sunburn, and it is probably cheaper than using the grade needed for ingestion in capsules. Go to the sunblock aisle in any drugstore/discount store and there should be several big bottles of it.I would only use that on the outside as I don't think it is pharmaceutical grade.You can also grow an aloe plant in the window (they are hard to kill) and use it straight from the leaf on burns, just crack a leaf open and smooth the gel on.K.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hello, So I have the aloe vera gel in a bottle that I was using for my face sometimes after tanning, So do u mean actually rubbing it on your stomach, b/c I get trapped gas all the time and have been taking gas-x b/f each meal. THanks

·
Registered
34,955 Posts
Not rubbing it on the stomach.There are some preparations that are pure enough you can take it internally. I wouldn't use any of the stuff designed for skin internally, it may not be pure enough, and it may have other things added to it that you do not want to ingest.K.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.