Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I cut way back on aloe vera juice after learning that too much of it will leave you running to the bathroom. Well, I have found that two cups at night and two in the morning works just great for me and that without the aloe vera juice I get a nervous stomach with gas. I've found that I can control my IBS completely but using what I just mentioned in combination with a little imipramine and paxil at bedtime along with a little buspar in the morning. These things are supposed to have antidepressant effects but I sure don't feel them. Just very grateful my stomach is settled.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Ken,Where do you get it? At GNC or other health food places? How does it taste? Does it help pain and D? Thinking of trying it on my 13 year old. Thanks, Pam[This message has been edited by jnmama (edited 03-20-99).]

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for filling us in. Where do you get Paxil and the other thing you mentioned? Are they prescriptions?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Aloe Vera juice can be purchased at *Trader Joe* stores. Paxil, BuSpar, and Imipramine are prescription medications. They are not supposed to be addictive but when I failed to take a mere 5mg of BuSpar today I could definately feel the blood pulsing in the back of my scull... something like a very mild, misdirected headache... Good luck in whatever you choose to do.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi, I gave my 10 yr old aloe vera juice daily for awhile, about 1/4 c or so in the am before eating. He had esophagitis, as well as IBS. It really helped the eso. pain very much, it's very soothing. He got bored with taking it, so we stopped, since he isn't in pain. I have another bottle for just in case.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
If you drink the stuff often enuf after awhile you'll start to wonder why you can't even taste it
I usually have a cup in the morning and a cup at night.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.